Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 1:18 pm
I buy velour shobbos pajamas and girls robes for

$20-30 on corner store. In BP 13/45

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 1:30 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
The fabric is soft as butter.
It’s used as shabbos pajamas
You can size up and use it 2 plus years. (And then pass it down)

No, most people who spend $60 on pajamas need to buy the latest style the following season. If they happen to use it a second season, it would only be as a spare set.

PinkFridge  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 1:32 pm
So how much do you all spend on weekday PJs and nightgowns?

m987

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 1:38 pm
I love the nice pajamas, have never done parni that’s out of my price range but I have done lil legs or Ali specials, or buy lil legs end of season for next season bc kinda all yr round anyway.
I only use them for shabbos I do one pair and they wear every week for the season and never get dressed Friday night, they are little. This also sort of allows me to have one shabbos outfit bc it never gets dirty Friday night.
Rest of week I am a major bargain hunter. Old navy only on sale I get usually for around 7$ or Burt’s bees sale or target
Most I ever paid for weekday is prob $10 and I pass them down nicely they wash and dry perfectly

amother
  Bellflower  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 1:42 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
So if you pass them on, you don't worry about matching?

Why would I worry about that?

amother
  Bellflower

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 1:43 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
So they only wear them on Shabbos and yom tov?

Yes, my kids have shabbos pj's that they only wear on shabbos or yom tov. They wear it to the night meal & sometimes the littles stay in them all shabbos long, especially in the winter.

m-u-a-mama

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 2:11 pm
I buy them.
They’re cute and I’m vain (I only buy 1-2 pair per season though)

writinggirl

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 2:39 pm
Can someone link them? The ones I saw online were black. Why dress your kid in black pajamas? It’s so depressing. I do shabbos pjs too but not black…
I guess I’m the minority. I was at a shabbaton last year and my toddler was the only kid in light blue/colored pajamas.

mommyhood  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 2:51 pm
My kids put on Shabbos pajamas early Shabbos afternoon every single week. It’s worn as much as their Shabbos clothes so it’s something I don’t mind spending similarly on. I usually start with kidichic/tottini/ali so $60 is more than my norm but I have spent close to it when I found something I loved.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 3:03 pm
I usually buy nice pjs on sale for about $20 and use them for the next season. However, a family member has a store and gives me a discount so this year I bought them just see the hype. Still expensive even with my small discount but somehow they are almost sold out at full price! And the price goes up each season.., madness!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 3:13 pm
writinggirl wrote:
Can someone link them? The ones I saw online were black. Why dress your kid in black pajamas? It’s so depressing. I do shabbos pjs too but not black…
I guess I’m the minority. I was at a shabbaton last year and my toddler was the only kid in light blue/colored pajamas.

It hides the spilled food so much better! 😉

giftedmom  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 3:19 pm
writinggirl wrote:

Plenty of gorgeous colored options check out sites like ellela

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 3:22 pm
IDK, the target/carter's PJs we use also last a few kids.

amother
Darkblue

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 3:39 pm
writinggirl wrote:

I love the black pjs with a drop of color on them. They are so sharp on the kids.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:04 pm
mommyhood wrote:
My kids put on Shabbos pajamas early Shabbos afternoon every single week. It’s worn as much as their Shabbos clothes so it’s something I don’t mind spending similarly on. I usually start with kidichic/tottini/ali so $60 is more than my norm but I have spent close to it when I found something I loved.

And they walk around the neighborhood and play with friends that way?

Batsheva1

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:23 pm
Not me. I buy Costco pajamas and they do the job just fine

giftedmom  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:25 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
And they walk around the neighborhood and play with friends that way?

My two year old does

amother
Mintgreen

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:25 pm
Many grandmother's buy a nice matching pajamas for their grandchildren to wear for shabbos and yt

amother
Trillium

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:40 pm
The only people I know who buy the $60 pajamas from frum brands like Little Parni or similar, are lowish income yeshivish kollel type families who live in circles with lots of social pressure around everything but mega pressure around clothes, like Lakewood developments.

The people with enough money to not care how much they spend on pajamas are also sometimes buying $60+ pajamas for their kids, but not necessarily from the frum brands. They go for classier non Jewish brands more often. There are exceptions of course.

In my JPF circles where families make $200-$350k, everyone is in Target pajamas. Maybe little legs if you’re fancy but honestly no one cares.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:52 pm
With little kids, people do see their pj's when we go away. So at that point I was into matching them but not for 60 dollars. Maybe 60 shekel. But I wouldn't just throw any random shmatta on them.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics