Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Lakewood day camp - tipping JC's

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 5:38 pm
Curious - my son was a 3rd grade JC at a day camp. He got paid but did not get one tip. Is that normal? Any other moms of JCs or kids with campers can advise?

amother
Topaz  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 5:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
Curious - my son was a 3rd grade JC at a day camp. He got paid but did not get one tip. Is that normal? Any other moms of JCs or kids with campers can advise?

I feel bad but I didn’t tip. Camp was a fortune, they went up about 50% or more in price lately. If they’d have given suggested amounts of $5-10 I’d have done it but they did not, so I felt nebby giving less than $20 but didn’t feel comfortable doing so. The camp also did not send home a note with who are the JCs and counselors etc so I didn’t have an organized list of how many

I feel bad about it honestly

I am 31 and was a counselor in Lakewood back in the day and got no tips

Tips for counselors are a new fad

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 5:46 pm
I didn’t tip this year. I asked my son if he saw anyone giving the rebbi an envelope he said no. I wonder if he’s right.

(It’s not a new thing though… I’m 33 and when I was a counselor/jc in a day camp in Brooklyn I got tips. Not from everyone.)

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 5:49 pm
Yes totally understandable - don't feel bad for a moment about not tipping. Just want to know if it's something with my son since he is on the spectrum and I was hoping that this was not just a "him" thing. If people don't tip I totally hear that. I also want to tell him "people don't really tip jcs" because my daughter got a ton of tips and he hears this word tips and was sort of expecting it.

amother
  Topaz

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 5:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes totally understandable - don't feel bad for a moment about not tipping. Just want to know if it's something with my son since he is on the spectrum and I was hoping that this was not just a "him" thing. If people don't tip I totally hear that. I also want to tell him "people don't really tip jcs" because my daughter got a ton of tips and he hears this word tips and was sort of expecting it.

I highly doubt that’s what it was

I think it’s diff with boys and girls , and if the camp sent a note
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps