Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Call to Action for Lakewood Parents:Let's Support Our Schoo

barbara1

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 6:22 pm
Recently, I had a realization about the school situation in Lakewood, and I feel compelled to share it. As parents, we have a tremendous responsibility when it comes to the education of our children, and sometimes, we may unintentionally contribute to the very problems we seek to solve.

I was fortunate enough to send my daughter to the most wonderful high school in Lakewood—Bnos Basya, founded and led by Rabbi Bender, son of the esteemed Rabbi Bender of Far Rockaway. Rabbi Bender is one of the warmest and most dedicated individuals I’ve ever met, and his school reflects that spirit in every way. Bnos Basya is a place of joy, warmth, and growth—a truly beautiful environment for our girls.

However, I was deeply disappointed to learn that despite all its potential, Bnos Basya's 9th grade class has not filled up this year. Why? Because too many parents are reluctant to send their daughters to a newer school, even if it means keeping them home instead of giving them the education they deserve. This hesitation is having real consequences, and if we allow schools like Bnos Basya to close their doors, the educational challenges in Lakewood will only intensify.

This isn’t just about one school—it’s about the future of our community. We need to support new schools like Bnos Basya that are providing incredible opportunities for our daughters. Please spread the word about this amazing school, and let’s not let fear of the new hold us back from supporting a school that is giving our daughters exactly what they need.

If you know of any family still searching for a high school this year, or if you’d like more information about Bnos Basya, feel free to contact me. I would be more than happy to tell you all about the exceptional experience this school offers.

Together, we can make a difference.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 7:03 pm
What number year is this? Any classes graduate?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics