Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Aliyah

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 6:09 am
I'm seeing so many threads on aliyah where responses are don't do it now it's not the right time. Dh and I are fully on board and have a strong desire to go, we have a good support network in israel with lots of family and friends. We are not happy where we are currently living and dream of moving to israel. We don't have much money, we have a house to sell and may get 100/150k out of it. We plan to look for a job for dh who is fluent in hebrew. Does this sound possible?

Whilst I'm at it, if anyone can give me info on rbs hey I'd be interested? Do people travel to alef for schools? What is the community like? Is there one rov of the whole hey?

Thanks in advance

Success10

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 6:13 am
You check off most of the boxes. You just didn't clarify your hashkafa, that makes a difference.

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 6:15 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm seeing so many threads on aliyah where responses are don't do it now it's not the right time. Dh and I are fully on board and have a strong desire to go, we have a good support network in israel with lots of family and friends. We are not happy where we are currently living and dream of moving to israel. We don't have much money, we have a house to sell and may get 100/150k out of it. We plan to look for a job for dh who is fluent in hebrew. Does this sound possible?

Whilst I'm at it, if anyone can give me info on rbs hey I'd be interested? Do people travel to alef for schools? What is the community like? Is there one rov of the whole hey?

Thanks in advance

If you're both on board that's a huge positive.
There is no Rav of RBS hey. Its a huge mix of people.
Chilonim, mesorati, DL, chassidish, etc.
It's a very nice mix of Anglos and Israelis.

There's one DL elementary school from grade 1-3 plus ganim and a maon.
If your kids are older than grade 3 (every year they'll add a class so next year the 4th grade will be the oldest) they'll have to leave the neighborhood.
Or if you don't want to send to a DL school.

RBS alef is a 2 min drive. Obviously the schools you send to can be anywhere in alef, gimmel, or old BS and may be a longer drive or bus ride.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 6:33 am
Seems you have a good support network in place. Your dh's fluency in Hebrew is worth gold. What field of work is he looking for?
Making Aliyah on a budget can be done, especially if you can cope with a temporary dent in your standard of living.
How old are your children and how do they feel about it?

For reference, I made Aliyah alone in my early thirties from a European country with the equivalent of about 8000 USD, that was all the money I had. I had no family in Israel. But I was determined to make it work and it did, B"H. Spent my first year in a shared tiny appartment in an Absorption Center, walked a lot on foot and ate as cheaply as possible. From there, things went up greatly.
You have a much better starting point to begin with, by comparison.
The key is really wanting it to work and being willing and able to pay a price for it, and daring to face the unfamiliar and unpredictable. For adults, if they are fully on board, that's okay. With children it can be a lot more complicated.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 7:08 am
Success10 wrote:
You check off most of the boxes. You just didn't clarify your hashkafa, that makes a difference.

We are relaxed yeshivish. I don't know the term for it

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 7:11 am
Thank you for your replies, it is encouraging. Rbs hey does sound like somewhere we could fit, I like the sound of all the different types of people
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions