Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Making Aliyah while pregnant

radast

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 1:13 pm
Hi ladies,
My husband and I are planning to make aliyah in July, when I'll be about 5 months pregnant be'ezrat Hashem. We're looking into the north (maybe Rechasim?) and I'm looking for a good female OB-gyn that speaks English. She doesn't have to be located in Rechasim, but that's just for reference. I would also appreciate advice/tips if you have any. Thank you so much!

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 1:25 pm
Do you know which kupa serves that area beest?

radast

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 1:58 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Do you know which kupa serves that area beest?

No clue! My husband is Israeli, so I didn't do too much research on anything else. It's just he wouldn't know about obgyns, so that's something I would need to ask a female about lol

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 2:11 pm
Okay. Choose the kupa with the best coverage for your location. You may be able to go on the website or app and search for an English speaking doctor. You could change if you're not happy after you meet her.
Do you know anyone who lives there?

radast

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 2:18 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Okay. Choose the kupa with the best coverage for your location. You may be able to go on the website or app and search for an English speaking doctor. You could change if you're not happy after you meet her.
Do you know anyone who lives there?

How do I choose a kupa? Do I do that once I move there? My husband's family lives in the north, but in Kiryat Ata.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 2:24 pm
Probably either Maccabi or Clallit.

Meuhedet is limited out of the Jerusalem area, and Leumit is through smallest kuppah on a national level. Clallit began the kibbutzim (before the foundation of the state), and Maccabi began slightly later in Tel Aviv and other towns. On a national level, Clallit still has the broadest coverage.

You can decide your preference any time, but as far as I know, you can't register until you have actually made aliyah.

essie14

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 3:03 pm
NBN should ask you what kupa you choose and they process it for you. In the olden days you would choose the kupa when you got off the plane and they started processing your aliyah paperwork. Now NBN does that all in advance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions