Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation Rental - Outdoor Camera

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 1:23 pm
I finally found the rental house I was looking for in FL. A nice house with a private pool that is secluded enough that the neighbors can't see in. We will finally be taking a vacation by ourselves and I bought a new bathing suit that I know that DH will enjoy and we planned on just hanging out and relaxing by the pool.
I was rechecking the website for last minute details and I noticed at the bottom that it says that the house has exterior video cameras Sad .
I really don't want to spend the whole time covered up. I asked DH if we should ask the owner where the cameras are located and he said that the average guest probably has no issues being seen at the pool and if we ask, the owner will probably think we will be doing something that we shouldn't and will be suspicious and check the cameras.
DH says that if the owner wanted to check out women he could just sit at the beach 10 minutes away and that the cameras probably aren't facing the pool anyways.
Anyone have experience with vacation rentals - what would you do?
(Please don't respond that I shouldn't be going out in a bathing suit like that not covered up - I don't feel that is an issue if neighbors can't see in).

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 1:26 pm
We are yeshivish and asked rav about this exactly and we're told camera is fine it's expected bc of liability issues with pools and they are generally not checked unless there was an issue. Rav also said to wear normal bathing suit etc

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 3:32 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
We are yeshivish and asked rav about this exactly and we're told camera is fine it's expected bc of liability issues with pools and they are generally not checked unless there was an issue. Rav also said to wear normal bathing suit etc

Thank you, that makes me feel more comfortable.

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 3:47 pm
Ask a rav.
This is 100% normal for the owner to put up outdoor cameras. Every house we've rented in the past 5 years or so had cameras.
DO NOT ask the owner to turn it off.

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 3:50 pm
I have a house that I rent and it has video cameras including by the pool. They are barely ever checked....we couldn't care less what ppl do. They are there in case of an issue.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics