Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Babys bris

straightalk  

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 5:28 pm
I'm nervous for my baby's bris tomorrow. First boy. What can I expect?

tweety1  

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 5:45 pm
Just know it's totally normal. Doesn't get easier even if you had 10 boys. The minute they take the baby go to a corner and cry out to hashem. It's a tremendous עת רצון for the mother to daven and ask anything from hashem. Nobody told it to me until I had a few boys already.
When they bring the baby back you'll feel such a sense of relief that you can't understand until the moment. Look forward to it. Mazal tov.

peachmommy

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 5:52 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Just know it's totally normal. Doesn't get easier even if you had 10 boys. The minute they take the baby go to a corner and cry out to hashem. It's a tremendous עת רצון for the mother to daven and ask anything from hashem. Nobody told it to me until I had a few boys already.
When they bring the baby back you'll feel such a sense of relief that you can't understand until the moment. Look forward to it. Mazal tov.

Source?

tweety1  

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 6:05 pm
peachmommy wrote:
Source?

I don't know. I was in aishes chayil. A woman saw me sending off my baby so she came over to tell me. She said there are certain tefillos to say but doesn't know which ones. I just took a tehillem and cried my heart out till the baby was brought back. I'm forever thankful to that woman.

straightalk

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 6:10 pm
tweety1 wrote:

Thank you! I'm not being at the bris though I'm staying home. But I guess I can do that when they take my baby to shul

tweety1  

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 6:29 pm
straightalk wrote:
Thank you! I'm not being at the bris though I'm staying home. But I guess I can do that when they take my baby to shul

I didn't either go. I either stayed in the kimperurin home or I was by in laws. By all my boys.

tweety1

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 8:07 pm
peachmommy wrote:
Source?

I replied to your answer. But I must tell you the way you asked is condescending. There are nicer ways to request an answer other than "source"? Like you think I'm making this up, or had a dream or what? I keep on remembering this post and it just rubs me the wrong way. Please, thank you, would you mind, I'm just wondering, are just a few ways to ask for a source.
Just saying....

zoom

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 8:16 pm
I was never told anything about the bris being a special time. Maybe told to daven but thats it

Not doubting it, wish I would have known properly.

I remember my relatives watching me to see if Im crying or not.
I had no idea what to do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics