Forum -> Parenting our children
I don’t sleep train but…
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
  Obsidian  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 4:01 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
Interesting.
In my mind the same people that are ok using crib tents, slumber pods, are super rigid and scheduled are the ones who are ok leaving baby in the car alone, buckled, with no ac on, while they return the shopping cart , yup just saw this today at aldi.

Absolutely not!! What the h*ck!!!!
This post is seriously messed up.

The slumberpod is safe and obviously (whether you believe it or not) very comfortable for many happy babies sleeping in them. Having baby on a schedule does not make someone rigid. It makes them a mom trying to do what’s best for her and her baby.

(By the way, I am a playgroup morah and I see a huge difference in the beginning of the year, in the kids who are on a good schedule and the kids who are not on a schedule at all. The kids on a schedule are generally happier and adjust way easier.)

Leaving a baby in a car alone is obviously unsafe and ABSOLUTELY not the same thing! How dare you? That is so wrong.

amother
  Vanilla

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 4:01 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
Interesting.
In my mind the same people that are ok using crib tents, slumber pods, are super rigid and scheduled are the ones who are ok leaving baby in the car alone, buckled, with no ac on, while they return the shopping cart , yup just saw this today at aldi.

I don’t know what made you think that way but it’s not true at all.

I’m a flexible parent who’s kid just wouldn’t sleep in the same room as me and I decided to put her in a cozy tent instead of having a crying miserable baby

Putting a baby to sleep in a safe cozy space is not at all the same as leaving a baby alone in a car

amother
  Seablue  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 4:04 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
Interesting.

Ok, so your mind is wrong. No one has ever described me as rigid. My own teenagers tell me how chilled I am.
Baby in car alone? Are you crazy? I’d never ever. Btw I use a crib tent for my autistic toddler because the other options are him climbing out of his crib and getting himself into dangerous situations when we’re all sleeping. Every night when I put him in he’s smiling and often laughing. Classic signs of an abused kid, poor baby.

amother
  Diamond

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 4:04 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
Interesting.

This one takes the prize for the absolute biggest leap of logic I've seen on this site to date!

amother
  Obsidian

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 4:14 pm
I can tell that all of the moms on this thread obviously care very much about their babies and are doing their very best. No one knows better what’s best for a baby than their mom. The mom shaming here is outright mean and uncalled for. Having a different parenting technique than you does not make someone neglectful or abusive or rigid and strict. All moms deal with their own mom guilt here and there trying to always be perfect, and judging and insulting other moms is called bullying. Let’s try to be more understanding and supportive and loving and kind.

yiddishmom

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 4:20 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
I can tell that all of the moms on this thread obviously care very much about their babies and are doing their very best. No one knows better what’s best for a baby than their mom. The mom shaming here is outright mean and uncalled for. Having a different parenting technique than you does not make someone neglectful or abusive or rigid and strict. All moms deal with their own mom guilt here and there trying to always be perfect, and judging and insulting other moms is called bullying. Let’s try to be more understanding and supportive and loving and kind.

Oh, I love this post!

amother
  Seablue

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 4:48 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
Interesting.

In my mind the same people who shop at Aldi are the ones who don’t feed their children good food. Aldi has subpar produce, and attracts a poor crowd, basically these kids are being abused.

amother
  Mintcream

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 5:03 pm

amother
  Coffee

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 5:08 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
Interesting.

This is obviously extremely narrow minded

amother
Moccasin

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 6:01 pm
OP, I have my baby (almost 1.5) still sleeping in my room because of this. My other kid is pretty good about being quiet, but they are just a kid, and can't always manage it. So to keep both of my kids happy and sleeping and not disturbing each other, the little one is in our room and the older one has a room to herself for now, and when the baby is bigger, she can move into the other room with my older one.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics