Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I don’t sleep train but…
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Diamond  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 2:40 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
Slumberpods can feel claustrophobic, hot an uncomfortable for baby. Moms put their babies and poor baby is put into a black prison.

It also prevents mom from knowing what’s going on with their baby.

The temps rise in them and I would love to see moms sleeping in them and being happy about it.

Put baby to sleep in a proper comfortable crib and let them breathe air and be comfortable.
Also it’s good to have babies accustomed to normal darkness not the heavy black darkness that becomes the normal.
Then every time you travel you need dark out shades and its best if kids are use to normal.

I bolded the massively key word for you.

Some babies may be miserable. Some babies would absolutely love to be in a cozy dark cave. None of us here can know how OP's baby will feel besides for her, and none of us here can know how any of the other babies here will react besides for the individual imamothers here.

ETA it's also a little ridiculous to respond directly to a mother who just said her baby loved it and it was a lifesaver, telling her her baby must feel like it was in prison.

amother
  Dodgerblue  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 2:41 pm
Within the next decade I wouldn’t be surprised if slumberpods are recalled.
They should take them off the market, tho just for the uncomfortable aspect even if they are safe.

amother
  Seablue  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 2:41 pm
Slumberpods can feel claustrophobic, hot an uncomfortable for baby. Moms put their babies and poor baby is put into a black prison.

The temps rise in them and I would love to see moms sleeping in them and being happy about it.

Put baby to sleep in a proper comfortable crib and let them breathe air and be comfortable.
Also it’s good to have babies accustomed to normal darkness not the heavy black darkness that becomes the normal.
Then every time you travel you need dark out shades and its best if kids are use to normal.

Slumberpod comes with a fan and you can buy a special monitor. Keep the room cool and it’s no problem at all. Some babies love it. If it doesn’t work for you that’s fine, but to call a mom abusive and rigid is utterly ridiculous. The sanctimomming on imamother is out of control.

amother
  Dodgerblue  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 2:43 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
I bolded the massively key word for you.

Some babies may be miserable. Some babies would absolutely love to be in a cozy dark cave. None of us here can know how OP's baby will feel besides for her, and none of us here can know how any of the other babies here will react besides for the individual imamothers here.

Babies can’t always express themselves so easily. And moms don’t always want to listen to their babies especially when their sleep is at stake.

A baby can be scared, frightened and claustrophobic. Who would use that on their baby?? Let a baby sleep in a healthy and normal manner.

amother
  Seablue  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 2:44 pm
Within the next decade I wouldn’t be surprised if slumberpods are recalled.
They should take them off the market, tho just for the uncomfortable aspect even if they are safe.

Clearly you had a bad experience with this product. Or else you’re jumping to judgment on a product you have no experience with. In our personal experience they were quite comfortable for both baby and parents.

amother
  Dodgerblue  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 2:45 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
Slumberpod comes with a fan and you can buy a special monitor. Keep the room cool and it’s no problem at all. Some babies love it. If it doesn’t work for you that’s fine, but to call a mom abusive and rigid is utterly ridiculous. The sanctimomming on imamother is out of control.

When babies are at stake it’s important to speak up. Yes , they are abusive to use in my opinion.
Yes, there is a fan in the newer ones but whoever had the older version has it without the fan. Not every mom is so on top of the temps inside and there is the emotional piece that it’s scary and claustrophobic that the monitor doesn’t pick up.
They should be banned.

amother
  Seablue  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 2:48 pm
Babies can’t always express themselves so easily. And moms don’t always want to listen to their babies especially when their sleep is at stake.

A baby can be scared, frightened and claustrophobic. Who would use that on their baby?? Let a baby sleep in a healthy and normal manner.

So the fact that my baby would climb into his crib and curl up in the slumber pod means he was scared and claustrophobic? Trust me he would have let us know if he was unhappy. Btw we only used it when we went away. He sleeps in a full size crib at home.

amother
  Dodgerblue  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 2:48 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
So the fact that my baby would climb into his crib and curl up in the slumber pod means he was scared and claustrophobic? Trust me he would have let us know if he was unhappy. Btw we only used it when we went away. He sleeps in a full size crib at home.

That’s good that for regular life you use a regular crib.

amother
  Seablue  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 2:49 pm
When babies are at stake it’s important to speak up. Yes , they are abusive to use in my opinion.
Yes, there is a fan in the newer ones but whoever had the older version has it without the fan. Not every mom is so on top of the temps inside and there is the emotional piece that it’s scary and claustrophobic that the monitor doesn’t pick up.
They should be banned.

At this point this is detracting from the OP, so I don’t think we should continue this discussion. I don’t think you’re willing to hear any other opinion. Our personal experience was positive. We’ll have to agree to disagree or take it to another thread.

amother
  Diamond  

amother Seablue wrote:

Yeah, when a baby is scared and uncomfortable, he has a very easy, convenient, high volume way of letting his parents know! LOL

amother
  Dodgerblue  

Many moms use it as their babies and toddlers regular bed and it’s abusive. Poor baby.

amother
  Seablue  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 2:50 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
Yeah, when a baby is scared and uncomfortable, he has a very easy, convenient, high volume way of letting his parents know! LOL

Right? My baby is not very shy! 😜

amother
  Dodgerblue  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 2:51 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
At this point this is detracting from the OP, so I don’t think we should continue this discussion. I don’t think you’re willing to hear any other opinion. Our personal experience was positive. We’ll have to agree to disagree or take it to another thread.

Op, really doesn’t seem like the type of mom to use slumberpods.

amother
  Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 2:52 pm
amother Diamond wrote:

Yes but when babies are smaller you don’t know why they are crying and moms may be sleep training and letting their baby cry.
It’s an abusive tool and has a lot of potential for misuse.

tichellady

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 3:04 pm

I guess carrying babies in our dark, warmclaustrophobic womb is also abusive.

amother
  Diamond  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 3:06 pm
tichellady wrote:
I guess carrying babies in our dark, warmclaustrophobic womb is also abusive.

Lol, I was thinking about that. For some babies, they love the comfort that makes them feel like they're back there.

amother
  Diamond  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 3:10 pm
Yes but when babies are smaller you don’t know why they are crying and moms may be sleep training and letting their baby cry.
It’s an abusive tool and has a lot of potential for misuse.

I think Seablue made it very clear that her baby loved it. I may be taking a huge leap here, but that likely means that her baby was not crying every time she placed him in there. So why would you respond and tell her it's a terrible thing and abusive?

I've sleep trained, it was easy to see when the baby was not calming down naturally and we should take his temperature, check for something else wrong, etc. or if he was scared of something because every time we put him there he screamed more hysterically. It's just not that hard to tell when a baby is actually scared.

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 3:13 pm
Op, really doesn’t seem like the type of mom to use slumberpods.

Lol correct Smile

amother
Vanilla  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 3:39 pm

My baby used one every time we traveled she didn’t mind it one bit!
I put in a fan and a noise machine it was so peaceful and cozy I wanted to sleep in it!
There is also a slot for a camera so you can keep on eye on the baby

Why is that different then putting baby into a small room on their own?

I know many baby’s who don’t sleep when they are away, cry non stop and are miserable, imo that’s more abusive then putting a baby in a cozy tent

amother
  Mintcream  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 3:54 pm
Interesting.
In my mind the same people that are ok using crib tents, slumber pods, are super rigid and scheduled are the ones who are ok leaving baby in the car alone, buckled, with no ac on, while they return the shopping cart , yup just saw this today at aldi.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics