45%  [ 45 ]
No  
 55%  [ 55 ]
Total Votes : 100

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 6:33 am
michimochi wrote:
Mine is like this actually!! Almost every detail: very active, pulled to stand early, needs to eat every 2hrs, and sits straight up when she wakes up at night. More protein and more waterr during the day helped, also moving bedtime.

Just realized this might be my case as well. She's insanely active (BH!) and can never sit still. There's no such thing as putting her down in the crib bc she just pops right back up.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 6:45 am
Most of my kids were like that, but my current toddler who is my worst sleeper has a weak core and she moves much less than my other kids did.

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 7:42 am
Yes, Ferber Method for 6 kids

amother
  Aubergine

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 8:19 am
NotFunny wrote:
But about about the kid that gets a ton of calories during the day, and still needs feeding every 2 hours on the button 24/7? We’re talking supplementing solids and formula in case you think mommy’s milk is not enough.

Resisted swaddling since about a month old and since baby transitioned out of the bassinet and rocking to sleep, it’s an impossible cycle to get baby to sleep after each feeding at night (forget about trying to skip a feed…) baby is close to year old and I’ve already tried sleep training and failed…

I wonder if it’s harder for very active babies to settle down? Baby pulled to stand since 7 months and so for about 2 months or so, baby was even halfway up/sleeping and already standing. So we had to redirect baby to laying position. Even once baby learned to get back down- baby likes jumping and walking around or just standing and crying and will generally not go back down on own.

The other thing, because this baby is so so active- I think baby just needs to eat a ton as it’s burning calories so fast. Anyone else saw this? Because this baby seems famished after just like 2-2 1/2 hour between feedings.

It's so hard! Does the doctor recommend that you feed in the middle of the night because the baby isn't growing or is it that he keeps waking up so you assume he's hungry?

NotFunny

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 8:28 am
amother Aubergine wrote:
It's so hard! Does the doctor recommend that you feed in the middle of the night because the baby isn't growing or is it that he keeps waking up so you assume he's hungry?

Doctor actually told me there’s no need for baby to eat and impossible baby is hungry. Baby is about 60’th%ile for weight, so he says according to age and weight should be sleeping through the night. Well, baby refuses to get the memo 🤷‍♀️
He says, take a sleep training method and stick to it. Idk, but I guess not all babies follow the book… the most I ever got was a 4 hour stretch. Maybe a total of 3 times.

Eta, baby will nurse after 2-2.5 hrs like they’re starved and can easily guzzle a 4 oz formula bottle in seconds. So it’s not just the need to suck. (When just wants to suck they’ll play around with bottle or with me).

michimochi

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 8:12 pm
NotFunny wrote:
Doctor actually told me there’s no need for baby to eat and impossible baby is hungry. Baby is about 60’th%ile for weight, so he says according to age and weight should be sleeping through the night. Well, baby refuses to get the memo 🤷‍♀️
He says, take a sleep training method and stick to it. Idk, but I guess not all babies follow the book… the most I ever got was a 4 hour stretch. Maybe a total of 3 times.

Eta, baby will nurse after 2-2.5 hrs like they’re starved and can easily guzzle a 4 oz formula bottle in seconds. So it’s not just the need to suck. (When just wants to suck they’ll play around with bottle or with me).

Mine was in the 98th percentile. Definitely actually hungry, because like I said when I upped protein intake during the day it helped lessen the night wakings. Also my family all have fast metabolisms, I realized I myself snack every 2hrs, so why should I expect my infant to go longer without eating than I do? Every baby is different, and weight isn't the only factor. I think moms mostly can tell if their baby is actually hungry. We really all do have specific circumstances and there is no one size fits all. That's why it's great to share our perspectives without judgement.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics