Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What do you love/not love about your childs Morah?

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 1:02 pm
Referring to babys/toddlers specifically
What does your childs morah do that you love her/your child loves her? And what bothers you about the way your childs morah does things?

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 1:06 pm
-Cleans up every single day which might sound obvious but there are some people that just clean up the mess but don't actually spray it down, vacuum etc.
-be on time. Also seems pretty obvious but again I've had morahs that do not show up on time.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 1:20 pm
Thanks! Anyone else?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 1:26 pm
Didn't start the year yet with her, but the letter she sent to parents was full of comments about mandatory nap time at a specific time, and how payment MUST be paid on the first of the month. All within her rights and valid points, but the tone threw me off.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 1:51 pm
My kid's Morah was suuuuper patient with the whole toilet training adventure, which was really nice! That was very, very appreciated.

But the sheer amount of outfit changes I had to send was overwhelming, since many times it had nothing to do with an accident and was just cuz my kid got her dress a little wet while washing her hands for example, or spilled a little of her drink... It's ok, the wet spot will dry, she doesn't need to come home every day in a different outfit than what I sent her in. I started just sending 5 outfits at a time rather than remember to send a new spare one every day, which made things hard at home since we don't have THAT many spare outfits.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 2:11 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
My kid's Morah was suuuuper patient with the whole toilet training adventure, which was really nice! That was very, very appreciated.

But the sheer amount of outfit changes I had to send was overwhelming, since many times it had nothing to do with an accident and was just cuz my kid got her dress a little wet while washing her hands for example, or spilled a little of her drink... It's ok, the wet spot will dry, she doesn't need to come home every day in a different outfit than what I sent her in. I started just sending 5 outfits at a time rather than remember to send a new spare one every day, which made things hard at home since we don't have THAT many spare outfits.

Why didn’t you say I don’t want my kid changed for a drop of spilled water? Sounds like ocd.

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 2:22 pm
I loved the 2 year old morah I sent to that gave each kid a baby wipe before dismissal time and showed them how to wipe their faces clean. Picked her up each day with a clean nose and face! That is sadly not a given even by otherwise amazing morahs.

I only figured it out because one day I wiped her face with a wipe (something I didn’t do often, usually opt for water at the sink) and she said “morah does that!” So I asked the morah and she said yup I give them each a wipe…

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 2:30 pm
Rinsed my baby’s bottles so they don’t come home with dirty bottles that had milk sitting in it for hours

mamalooo

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 3:24 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
Didn't start the year yet with her, but the letter she sent to parents was full of comments about mandatory nap time at a specific time, and how payment MUST be paid on the first of the month. All within her rights and valid points, but the tone threw me off.

I had a similar experience when the morah has too many rules and is not flexible to me it hints to a lack of warmth and personality that you want your Childs morah to have.
the rules are usually reasonable but for me it didn't give the best feeling
(happens to be later on in the year it was pretty obvious she was burnt out!)

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 3:37 pm
Don’t like when Morah is very rigid, aloof. Last year morah was super warm, greeted my child so nicely from day one. Was the only year my child went nicely every single day.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 3:44 pm
I love my daughter's morah. She always seemed happy to see her, told her she loves her, and overall I just felt comfortable and secure that my daughter was being well taken care of.

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 3:46 pm
I love everything about her second grade morah

amother
Steelblue

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 4:29 pm
I love my two year old morah! She was always playing with the kids on the floor, reading them books, playing play dough. Just very very hands on. My daughter had a great year and loved going to her each day!

Her newborn babysitter was amazing too! Clean and organized. One thing I disliked was that I didn’t have any clue how my baby’s day went. If she had a dirty diaper, was cranky at all, when her last nap was etc.
I heard of morahs who jot down on a sticky note bottle feeds, diapers and nap times. Would’ve been so helpful!

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 4:33 pm
I love when the Morahs truly love the kids and enjoy them! When they compliment me on my kids!

My newborn babysitter sent me a text with literally everything-diaper changes, naps, eating times-every single day. Pictures, too I know this is unusual but it was very appreciated!

2 year old Morah-when she greets him at the door, immediately engages him in something so he doesn’t get upset, helped with toilet training and wipes him well after bathroom

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 4:40 pm
I loved that she sent me pictures / videos throughout the day to show him doing doing cute things.

It wasn't every day, but it really made me smile.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 5:31 pm
DD's morah made a point of messaging every time at the end of a vacation that she was so excited to see my dd the next day. It was just the warmth and caring and you really felt it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries