Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
What would you love dc to know but can't tell them?

amother
OP

Post Today at 1:10 pm
I would love dc to know that their father had an affair while we were still married. And he's not such a victim as he thinks he is.

amother
Bronze

Post Today at 1:55 pm
I think she knows in her gut

but that her dad hasn’t worked in years. and that as the sole breadwinner (who tries to protect her dads dignity and keep his secret) I do my absolute best, even if it’s not enough

amother
Snapdragon

Post Today at 1:57 pm
That the night he was by his father and crying for me I didn't give his father permission to have him and he was keeping him there to try to control me. At what age can I ever tell him? 😥

amother
Latte

Post Today at 1:57 pm
That his father loves him even though he acts weird around him.
The other things I wished to share with him about my husband I did share. And I'm not angry I did. (suffers from addiction, low self esteem, high ego) obviously done in a kind sensitive way.

amother
Lotus

Post Today at 2:12 pm
How my parents abused me and how much I suffered through my childhood in school and at home. How much they should be grateful for their amazing childhood.

Cheiny

Post Today at 2:19 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
That the night he was by his father and crying for me I didn't give his father permission to have him and he was keeping him there to try to control me. At what age can I ever tell him? 😥

I don’t think you should ever tell him. It may be something you want him to know so he’ll think more favorably of you and less of him, but most times no child wants to ever hear or believe anything negative about their parent. Even victims of abuse still long for a relationship with the abusive parent.

amother
Honeydew  

Post Today at 2:35 pm
How deeply his immaturity, impulsively and stupidity hurts me. He's a teen. I have older and younger kids. Boys and girls. I know it all. I know this one is beyond.
How many days it's ruined for. How many nights I've lost sleep. How hard I've had to fight for him to be allowed to stay in yeshiva (possibly getting expelled on Sunday).
That eventhough he's not the special needs child in the house and I've really made it my business to give him everything he needs, all the love, attention and support, he is my most difficult and hardest to love.
How badly I want him to go to dorm in yeshiva . He would never agree nor would I actually send him because he's just not ready. How hard it was for me to allow him to come home from sleepaway camp after only 1 half.
Eta wow! I needed to get that out!

amother
  Honeydew  

Post Today at 2:40 pm
And to my daughter
How amazing she is. My right hand. Always ready to help. How happy I am that she does well in school, follows the rules and in general is am all around great girl bh. How much nachas she gives me.
Most of this I do tell her from time to time. But what I absolutely cannot tell her is that I am petrified of what I will do and how I will manage when she goes to seminary. But she deserves to go for herself and I won't hold her back for selfish reasons

amother
Winterberry

Post Today at 2:50 pm
To ds- older teen
It’s because of you that I have so few children.
You are a main reason that our marriage has always been tough.
I feel like I’m on vacation when you’re not home.

amother
  Honeydew

Post Today at 3:05 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:
To ds- older teen
It’s because of you that I have so few children. You are a main reason that our marriage has always been tough.

I feel so seen. So sorry for all you're going through.

amother
Buttercup

Post Today at 3:29 pm
I’m so so sorry for all the suffering in this thread.
personally, I don’t want my kids to know how little I respect their father because of certain ways he acts. I put a lot of effort into hiding it from them.
I also don’t want my son to know that he is the source of much of my pain. He didn’t choose his personality and his struggles.

pgk

Post Today at 4:10 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:
To ds- older teen
It’s because of you that I have so few children.
You are a main reason that our marriage has always been tough.

Are you me?

amother
Diamond  

Post Today at 4:14 pm
That her twin died in utero.

amother
Firethorn  

Post Today at 4:25 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
That her twin died in utero.

She can probably sense that.
As usually a twin who’s a sunset twin feels an emptiness they can’t describe.

amother
Mulberry

Post Today at 4:27 pm
I dont want him to know but this is what I'm holding back. I can't be a parent now. I can't. Yet I am. I am so so sorry.

amother
Lavender

Post Today at 4:27 pm
My oldest daughter: I love you so much it aches.
My second daughter, I love you so much but I sometimes need space
My third daughter: I’m so happy I did not terminate the pregnancy with you. I had medical and halachic permission but I was brave. You are the light of my life

amother
  Diamond

Post Today at 4:29 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
She can probably sense that.
As usually a twin who’s a sunset twin feels an emptiness they can’t describe.

I sometimes think you are right. But I also don't think I can ever tell her. I barely process it. How can she?

amother
  Firethorn  

Post Today at 4:30 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
I sometimes think you are right. But I also don't think I can ever tell her. I barely process it. How can she?

No need to tell her unless you feel like you want to.
If she was identical she’d feel it more than a fraternal.

amother
  Firethorn

Post Today at 4:32 pm
My 3 year old.
Some things I didn’t want to tell you. But I know I traumatized you….
I wrote you a letter when those things happened. You were under 1 and I can’t wait until you are grown/married so I can give the letters to you.
They claim you might have ASD. So I really hope you can get married.
You are the light of my life and such an amazing older sibling.

I wish I can save this somehow to show you how I felt when you grow up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children