Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby is sleeping in kitchen
Previous  1  2

amother
Lightcyan

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 7:58 am
First of all, this is not dysfunctional.
Second of all, It only takes max a week for 2 kids to get used to sleeping together. After that they usually don't wake up from each other anymore. (Ex. sleep through the sibling's cries etc...)

amother
  Bronze  

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 8:14 am
Dysfunctional is when you do something that makes things unsafe or unhealthy for your child.
Your child is perfectly safe and happy.
You don’t have to worry.

yiddishmom

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 8:15 am
I absolutely don't understand where dysfunction comes in here.

Totally fine.

amother
  Bronze  

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 8:28 am
When I was 19 I slept in the kitchen. It was in a bungalow. There was no other place for me to sleep! Many families in the bungalow colony placed a bed in the kitchen. It was normal because it was temporary. It’s not how we lived all the time. (And even if we did, it’s not bad, just not the norm in our society)

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 8:51 am
What about the living room

zaq

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 1:55 pm
Unusual? Yes. Creative? Yes. Dysfunctional? No, why would you think that? Less than 100 years ago entire families in Eastern Europe lived in one or two-room houses, and several family members slept on top of the brick stove, which was the warmest place in the house.

When you're pressed for space, you do what you have to. If this works for you, great. It wouldn't work for most people, as the kitchen tends to be a brightly-lit and busy place, but evidently that's not the case in your house.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 2:00 pm
Can you hear your baby from the kitchen easily? Is the temperature comfortable for the baby in there?

amother
  Bronze

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 4:30 pm
I live in a pretty big house. I’ve left my colicky babies who finally fell asleep in the carriage, sleeping downstairs at the bottom of the stairs in the hallway! I left my bedroom door open so I could hear if the baby cries. It wasn’t even a room, baby was on another floor in the hallway. You do what you gotta do to get some sleep! As long as everyone is safe, it’s fine!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics