Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Safest place in America for Jewish people now?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
  Forsythia

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 12:34 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
The lkwd bubble.

You obviously don’t live in Lakewood or near Lakewood. Look up Dion marsh.. or any of the other antisemitic incidents. Ocean county has websites dedicated to Jew hate. Every town meeting has antisemites standing up and saying get rid of the Jews. And fyi there are non Jews living in Lakewood. I know shocker.

DrMom

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 7:48 am
amother Bone wrote:
For the record I did not need to show any training in order to get a permit to carry. My husband taught me how to shoot

Hmmm... I stand corrected! Apparently rules vary by state:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....state

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/Permitless_Carry_States.pdf

small bean

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 8:32 am
DrMom wrote:
Hmmm... I stand corrected! Apparently rules vary by state:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....state

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/Permitless_Carry_States.pdf

Rules do vary by state.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 3:10 am
Denver?
St. Louis?
Overland Park, Kansas?
Scranton?

amother
  Blush

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 8:22 am
ShishKabob wrote:
I think it's scary too. Because we need to realize that only with Hashem we are safe, not with any outside factors. We can be safe in Harlem and we can be unsafe on a farm in Montana. If we know that Hashem protects us and not the guns or the police, then we are safe. If we place our trust in our own strength or in our own precautions, then we are extremely limited with our safety.
Im Hashem Lo Yishmor Eer Shav Shakad Shomer
This is not just some nice philosophy or a nice 'vort', this is real boots on the ground.

This all sounds nice but doesn't seem to be reality.

The people who have relied on hashem often aren't the ones safe abs protected.

The people who ignore hashem often are the ones safe and protected.

I wish Hashem’s system was that things were clear and we could be righteous and rely on him and automatically receive protection. Unfortunately it seems clear to me that isn't how it works.

PinkFridge  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 9:47 am
If you're looking to move somewhere now, choose a place where your family will flourish: parnassah, an infrastructure, schools you're comfortable with, ease of being able to get together with family when you want (I.e. driveable or an easy flight). Choose a new community with EVERY other factor first. Then, if all things are truly equal, you can consider safety. Hatzlachah.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 9:49 am
amother Blush wrote:

I wish Hashem’s system was that things were clear and we could be righteous and rely on him and automatically receive protection. Unfortunately it seems clear to me that isn't how it works.

I pray this is the same naysayer Everytime.

PinkFridge  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 9:58 am
amother Blush wrote:

You know, nevuah has ended. The BHMK is gone. We don't have clear cause and effect though sometimes we have some sweet messages.
But we ALWAYS have to FULLY rely on Hashem. That's never changed. What has changed is that it's harder in some ways. But we should still live our lives with emunah in Hashem. We can still experience peace of mind, really.

runmom

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 4:47 pm
Suburbia with big frum community more safe than big cities for sure. For example, close to NYC - Nassau County, Monsie, Teaneck/Englewood, Westchester County. Not complete safe but much better. Also you can check some researches but need to check, not always correct. Like this https://www.usnews.com/news/he.....epage

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 5:08 pm
amother Blush wrote:

Going on a tangent for a second- it can feel this way and obviously, it stems from being in galus, not having true clarity, and Hashem's Hester Panim, but also from a logical perspective, if everything was so clear that if we acted a certain way, we get this, and if we don't, then we don't, we wouldn't have bechira, which would take away our human privilege in this world and any reward in the next.
This world doesn't work that if someone eats non-kosher, they throw up, if they drive a car on Shabbos, they get hurt, if they hurt another person, they get hurt, etc. I guess it's more deep and nuanced than what meets the eye...

BasKol  

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 8:48 am
It's very simple. We all know that Torah protects, so just look for any area with a high concentration of Kollel men and you should be safe.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 9:12 am
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
The lkwd bubble.

Unfortunately there have been plenty of antisemitic incidents that burst the bubble....

PinkFridge  

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 9:13 am
BasKol wrote:
It's very simple. We all know that Torah protects, so just look for any area with a high concentration of Kollel men and you should be safe.

And one can say, bnei (and bnos) Torah in general.

amother
Crystal  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 1:07 pm
BasKol wrote:

So everyone should move to kollel communities and everything will be peachy keen?

BasKol

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 7:52 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
So everyone should move to kollel communities and everything will be peachy keen?

I know it not be easy to understand but yes, that is what people should do. The fact that it did not work during the Holocaust doesn't mean in never works. Even antibiotics don't work 100% of the time.

PinkFridge  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 8:32 pm
BasKol wrote:
I know it not be easy to understand but yes, that is what people should do. The fact that it did not work during the Holocaust doesn't mean in never works. Even antibiotics don't work 100% of the time.

People need to live vibrant Torah lives.

amother
  Crystal

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 5:16 am
BasKol wrote:

You do realize that this is the most unrealistic thing for all of american jewry to do, right?
And you think that just by living near kollels it will be ok?
I think I have a bridge to sell you.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 8:48 am
amother Crystal wrote:
You do realize that this is the most unrealistic thing for all of american jewry to do, right?
And you think that just by living near kollels it will be ok?
I think I have a bridge to sell you.

If people mean, living vibrant Jewish lives which includes prioritizing learning to the degree that we'll make sure there are people devoted to it full time but of course that doesn't mean I'm designating them my surrogates so don't worry, I'm learning seriously in my 5:00 to 9:00 hours being absolutely ehrlich from 9:00-5:00... then yeah, that should offer some shemirah. Not that we know how Hashem is using those shemirah credits, but He is.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating