Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Safest place in America for Jewish people now?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Taupe  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:39 am
Honestly! If it's open and on here! It might not be safe anymore😓

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:44 am
Bli eyin hara.
Al tiftach peh

I think this thread is scary

amother
  Taupe

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:48 am
Me too. 🤦🏼‍♀️

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:52 am
Honestly the scariest part about Lakewood is people are reckless drivers and don’t care about traffic laws. So many accidents a day, it’s terrifying.

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:11 am
amother Camellia wrote:
I personally feel very safe in the Five Towns area. Long Island is heavily Jewish and we haven't had any major antisemitic incidents. There are so many Israeli flags hanging everywhere, including ones put up by the township in the Cedarhurst/Lawrence area up and down Central Avenue (our main commercial street). All the stores put up hostages posters too.

Heavily Jewish area is not a guarantee unfortunately. Teaneck is similar to the Five Towns and they've been dealing with A LOT. Davka because they are heavily Jewish. Arabs from surrounding towns have been busing in in droves to protest in front of shuls and other Jewish buildings, and while BAH no one Jewish has been hurt yet (at worst, people have gotten splattered with red paint), they have gotten violent enough that arrests have been made each time. The police here have spent almost a million dollars in overtime pay since Oct 7.

amother
Caramel  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:26 am
I'm finally understanding the wisdom behind the constitutional right for individuals to carry guns.

If it ever gets to that point, chas vsholom, it would be smartest if we have our own trained, gun carrying security force to protect ourselves. We are seeing that sadly we really can't rely on the government.

amother
Blush  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:29 am
Safe is a relative term. I don't think there's a single area in the US where jews are afraid to go outside and go about their day. So by that metric everywhere is safe.

amother
  Caramel

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:30 am
amother Blush wrote:
Safe is a relative term. I don't think there's a single area in the US where jews are afraid to go outside and go about their day. So by that metric everywhere is safe.

Let's hope that never changes TMI ...

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 10:52 am
amother Currant wrote:
Bli eyin hara.
Al tiftach peh

I think this thread is scary
I think it's scary too. Because we need to realize that only with Hashem we are safe, not with any outside factors. We can be safe in Harlem and we can be unsafe on a farm in Montana. If we know that Hashem protects us and not the guns or the police, then we are safe. If we place our trust in our own strength or in our own precautions, then we are extremely limited with our safety.
Im Hashem Lo Yishmor Eer Shav Shakad Shomer
This is not just some nice philosophy or a nice 'vort', this is real boots on the ground.

LovesHashem  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 10:54 am
amother Blush wrote:

Why are you talking about? I know people in the USA who hide they are Jewish.

amother
Tanzanite  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 11:04 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Why are you talking about? I know people in the USA who hide they are Jewish.

That's very sad.
I know many people who live out in the boondocks and proudly present themselves as Jewish.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 11:11 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:
That's very sad.
I know many people who live out in the boondocks and proudly present themselves as Jewish.

The booddocks? I'm talking about Manhattan, davka bigger cities that have these crazy groups.

No one wants to get assaulted in the subway.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 11:14 am
Nowhere is safe. Hashem reminds us from time to time. The far right and the left both hate the yiddalach. No one can protect you.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 11:22 am
As a child living in the 5 borrows I had to be 1explained what antisemitism is. It existed. Now living in that other in town place -that I won't mention my kids and I really are in our own bubble. People are so nice to us here. They actually came up to us after October 7 telling us they were sorry for our loss. I think many people hear are not so heated up about politics. It live and let me live. Improve my green environment, improve my living. Peace!

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 11:48 am
The lkwd bubble.

amother
  Tanzanite

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 11:58 am
LovesHashem wrote:
The booddocks? I'm talking about Manhattan, davka bigger cities that have these crazy groups.

No one wants to get assaulted in the subway.

Oh, that makes it even sadder.
There are so many proudly frum people living in the big cities so hats the point of one or two paranoid people hiding their Jewishness?

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 12:24 pm
amother Burntblack wrote:
Heavily Jewish area is not a guarantee unfortunately. Teaneck is similar to the Five Towns and they've been dealing with A LOT. Davka because they are heavily Jewish. Arabs from surrounding towns have been busing in in droves to protest in front of shuls and other Jewish buildings, and while BAH no one Jewish has been hurt yet (at worst, people have gotten splattered with red paint), they have gotten violent enough that arrests have been made each time. The police here have spent almost a million dollars in overtime pay since Oct 7.

Unfortunately there are also a lot of Muslims in NJ. Maybe LI has less Muslims.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 12:26 pm
amother Oatmeal wrote:
Unfortunately there are also a lot of Muslims in NJ. Maybe LI has less Muslims.

There are plenty of Muslims in li. Go to state parks there are huge crowds of them

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 12:27 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
The lkwd bubble.

the bubble doesnt mean youre actually safer.. it just means youre more in denial of what the world is like

imo the bigger the jewish community the worse off you are.
if I was a bad person looking to to bad things the first place I would think of is 'where are there lots of jews'

amother
Forsythia  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 12:31 pm
amother Blush wrote:

What are you talkng about? I know a whole bunch of men who hide their yarmulka and tzitzis on the subway and the streets of Manhattan. They witnessed so many Jews being attacked they don’t take the chance. Even in surrounding towns in Lakewood the men don’t wear a Tallis outside, just looking Jewish they get many dirty Jew go back to where you came from comments. You live in a naive bubble. Jews are being harassed and attacked all over the US and many are scared to just go about their day.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating