Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Getting a high chair and a booster seat - worth it?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:15 am
Or only one is needed? (For one child.)

Please share your experiences.

Brit in Israel

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:20 am
I've only used a booster seat.
Love the chicco snack one.I have used it straight for over 6 yrs for 3 kids.
First as a highchair with it's own table and then as a booster so toddlers can reach the table and sit with family. Folds flat so chair it's on can be put under the table not taking any floor space.
Easy to take with for vacation or family visits.

Highly recommend!
(I have used others for playgroup and wasn't happy with them)

amother
Firethorn  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:23 am
I also only use a booster seat. Much more convenient and doesn't take up space. I have the Mamas and Papas Baby Bud.

teachkids

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:30 am
We do a highchair until the next kid needs it and then move to a booster till they're ready for a regular chair.

Why would you want both?

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:33 am
teachkids wrote:
We do a highchair until the next kid needs it and then move to a booster till they're ready for a regular chair.

Why would you want both?

Cost? Space?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:35 am
That’s funny because I was coming here to say that for sure you should get a high chair and a booster seat isn’t necessary. I have 4 kids who ate and played in the high chair. They were able to watch me in the kitchen while I worked while they played with toys on the tray. My high chair also reclined so when they were very young I could even give them a bottle in the high chair. A high chair also contains the mess keeping the table area clean. I only used a booster seat when they were much older and wanted to sit with everyone at the table. But often they would reach out a try to grab things that weren’t for them while at the table or even throw things across the table. They would also yank the table cloth. A booster seat is excellent for traveling but obviously it’s not a must as you can feed the baby in the stroller or another adult can hold the baby on their lap. You can’t live like that all the time which is why I think a high chair is necessary.

amother
  Firethorn

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:38 am
amother Slateblue wrote:
That’s funny because I was coming here to say that for sure you should get a high chair and a booster seat isn’t necessary. I have 4 kids who ate a played in the high chair. They were able to watch me in the kitchen while I worked while they played with toys on the tray. My high chair also reclined so when they were very young I could even give them a bottle in the high chair. A high chair also contains the mess keeping the table area clean. I only used a booster seat when they were much older and wanted to sit with everyone at the table. But often they would reach out a try to grab things that weren’t for them while at the table or even throw things across the table. They would also yank the table cloth. A booster seat is excellent for traveling but obviously it’s not a must as you can feed the baby in the stroller or another adult can hold the baby on their lap. You can’t live like that all the time which is why I think a high chair is necessary.

Booster seats often have a tray. The only difference is they are smaller and can go on one of your own chairs.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:41 am
I use a high chair, it keeps the chairs available for big people. I only get a booster if we are going places- grandparents houses, vacation, etc. Then I prefer one that clamps on to a table because that fold pretty flat for packing.

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:28 am
I only got a booster. The Bumbo multi seat and very happy with it… We have no space for a highchair

amother
Magnolia

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 4:10 pm
We don’t have many chairs so it was useful having my babies in a highchair until they were ready for a booster at the table. The highchair was also easier to clean than having to worry about a chair under the booster getting messy (we let our kids do a lot of self-feeding starting young so there was a lot of mess). We had the ikea high chair which was a super easy wipe down.

Booster was necessary once they were ready for the table.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics