Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Girls high school
Previous  1  2  3  Next

GLUE  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 3:20 am
amother Nasturtium wrote:
How can Maayan not have room? I know a girl from a good home who will be going there

I thought Maayan was hemish\chasidish not yeshivish

amother
  Nasturtium  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:42 am
GLUE wrote:
I thought Maayan was hemish\chasidish not yeshivish

I think that’s how it started but not really like that anymore.

keym

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 7:43 am
OP, I'm sorry. It's not ok. I've been there. It's painful and demoralizing.
Though I also agree with Chayalle in that I admire a poster here small beans mentality. That it's not personal, it happens to a handful of Lakewood girls every year. It helps make it less personal and therefore less traumatizing

Have you been in touch with her elementary school? What do they say? Are they helping?
What does the Vaad say?

Hatzlacha.

amother
Steelblue

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 8:03 am
My daughter is starting 12th grade . We had the same she’s a wonderful girl it was the hardest hardest time for us . I’m so sorry . I can literally feel the panic and pain . Eventually they do get in but it was an awful experience I don’t wish on anyone ever ! - she went on anxiety medicine for 6 months after this story and the dr we went to said she gets a couple of girls every year with the same thing . It’s a very very sad reality of Lakewood . My daughter was literally a regular bais yakkov girl from a regular school . We are so regular . It was crazy . So not everyone had issues or anything like that when they are not in a school .

amother
Clear

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:39 pm
I agree. No reason at all. System is flawed. my amazing yeshivish daughter also didn't have a school and was placed in a school that was not a good fit and the repercussions are still ongoing. I wish I can take all the pain away, OP. I was there too, not long ago, crying from the depth of my soul. Unfortunately, at this point, a slot will go to the highest bidder. It's always about who you know. I have nothing nice to say about these people, who think they are holding onto Gds feet. There is definitely a special place for these people that could've done something and didn't. it's all about power and greed. My daughter will never be the same again.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 2:43 pm
I just heard a school is opening an additional 9th grade class to accommodate the girls not in yet

amother
Lawngreen  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 2:47 pm
amother Chartreuse wrote:
I just heard a school is opening an additional 9th grade class to accommodate the girls not in yet

Which one?

GLUE

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 11:56 pm
amother Chartreuse wrote:

I hear this rumor every year, it has yet to be true.

small bean  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 9:33 am
Hi - I've been there. It's really hard this week when all the girls are starting school and your daughter is not.

My daughter is in 12th grade this year and BH it's just something that happened in the past that had no effect on her highschool experience at all.

I refused to offer money, my daughter is worth more then all the money in the world. My daughter got in when Hashem wanted her to (right after succos - but it wasn't like this year where's there a month until then) out of the blue. I still have no idea why it happened when it happened.

Hang in there and enjoy the time with your daughter. Make time to do fun activities and have a good time together.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 10:18 am
Want to jump in - ignore all the doomsayers, this does not mean that her life is destroyed.

My cousin was placed by the vaad in an inapropriate school for her, she went for a few weeks until it became obvious that this was not shayach for her. The parents pulled her out and she spent a few months at home until she was placed in a more appropriate school.

At the time it was super painful and intense for her but fast forward, and its just a blip in her life. No trauma, no bitterness, she is a great super positive mom with a bunch of kids. Her parents did everything they could for her and where great about reflecting that this is just the craziness of a community growing to quickly, and doesnt actually reflect her. They also shiled her from some of the ugliness involved in pushing her in.

Point is - hang in, you'll be ok.

small bean  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 10:24 am
If your daughter wants to come hang out here at all - she can. My daughter would be happy to schmooze with her. We have a small farm if she likes animals and people come all the time

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 10:28 am
Move to an out of town community.

amother
  Lawngreen  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 10:30 am
amother Firethorn wrote:
Move to an out of town community.

I hate when people paint this fake utopia. My friend’s kid wasn’t accepted to the only small school in her tiny community. She was told she is too different. She lived oot her whole life.

amother
  Nasturtium  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 10:58 am
Gam ze ya’avor…

IyH she will be in a good school very soon and be happy and forget that 9th grade started without her. It won’t matter after she settles in.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 11:12 am
Op, I truly wish I could help you.
I didn't wait for acceptances but in the 4 mths between interviews & letters, we were told constantly by school A that they will 'probably eventually accept her, but not until after round 1 acceptances go out'. Our elementary school refused to pivot to any of the other three schools we applied to and see if they would take her in so that she could get accepted on time with her friends.

Eventually we pivoted on our own to school B, and BH she got in and got her letter on time but those four months were agonizing and I cannot imagine how you're feeling because it must be a million times worse.

If I had pull in high school, I would gladly help you.

Davening for you.

small bean

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 10:29 am
OP - today is a hard day. I wish I knew you in real life. Hang in there, it gets better.

mha3484

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 10:35 am
OOT is not the answer. I have an 8th grade boy and the 8th grade in the girls school in my mid size OOT city has 4 large classes for the first time ever and 95% of them will want to go to Bais Yaakov High School. Its going to be a huge jump for them. I hope they were looking at the increase in elementary classes and planned accordingly but I am not sure I would want to be the first class that size. So saying move OOT is overly simplistic and trading one problem for potentially a different one.

amother
  Nasturtium

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 11:24 am
mha3484 wrote:
OOT is not the answer. I have an 8th grade boy and the 8th grade in the girls school in my mid size OOT city has 4 large classes for the first time ever and 95% of them will want to go to Bais Yaakov High School. Its going to be a huge jump for them. I hope they were looking at the increase in elementary classes and planned accordingly but I am not sure I would want to be the first class that size. So saying move OOT is overly simplistic and trading one problem for potentially a different one.

Yes, for sure. My oot yeshivish friends have to send their kids away once they are high school age.

amother
Cerulean  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 3:05 pm
small bean wrote:
OP - today is a hard day. I wish I knew you in real life. Hang in there, it gets better.

Did something specificly happen today?

amother
  Lawngreen

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 3:07 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
Did something specificly happen today?

First day of school for high school?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries