Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Girls high school
1  2  3  Next

lkwdgirl  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 11:14 am
It’s September 4 and my daughter still has no school. HELP!!!!! Please explain why this is ok

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 11:25 am
? Why is your daughter not in school. And who said it’s ok. She’s going into 9th grade?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 11:26 am
Has her elementary school helped you?

Is there room in the newer schools. I have heard great things about one of them.

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 11:30 am
I’m so sorry. I know ppl dealing with this for primary and high school. It’s horrible

amother
Sunflower  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 11:39 am
It’s not ok! I feel your pain and wish I could help, as we had this last year. Something is very broken with the system.
May Hashem help you and dd survive this huge challenge without any emotional physical and spiritual trauma

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 2:21 pm
Orientation is on Monday
My daughter got in the night before orientation, Fralych opened late that night for all the girls that just got in. Apparently it's common for this to happen, unfortunately.

I hope you hear good news soon.

amother
Snowflake  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 2:32 pm
So sorry for you!! Such a hard situation to go thru for a young teen!!! I hope that you have a school before Monday!
Tls said that there was about 10 high school girls still not placed. Your dd is one of them. The vaad didn't offer to help at all?
Is your dd a regular bais yaakov girl? Or are there special circumstances that make her harder to place?

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 2:38 pm
I'm so sorry. This is so painful and absolutely not ok. I hope she gets accepted to the best school for her very quickly. I hope she has an amazing 4 years.

GLUE  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 3:22 pm
Why are people asking OP if her daughter is a normal BY girl?
you want to feel better that, that's why she is not in a school?

Unfortunately, there are to many regular BY girls that don't get in to any school. Many of them have very good medous and marks.

amother
  Snowflake

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 3:47 pm
GLUE wrote:
Why are people asking OP if her daughter is a normal BY girl?
you want to feel better that, that's why she is not in a school?

Unfortunately, there are to many regular BY girls that don't get in to any school. Many of them have very good medous and marks.

I don't need to feel better. I'm the one who asked ,one poster not people. I don't wish on anyone to be in OP's situation and hope she will have school iyh very soon!!!
The reason I'm asking is because I've heard numerous stories (including a good friend of mine) where a high school girl had a school but parents didn't think it was a good fit.
There's a difference between not being helped by anyone or the vaad suggesting a school that's not suitable.
And sometimes girl has harder circumstances that school don't want to take care of that's why they don't want to admit girl. It doesn't make it easier on the family and unfortunate but it's understandable.

lkwdgirl  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 5:51 pm
Yes she’s a regular good bad yisroel and we are working yeshivish.

Chayalle  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 6:13 pm
My sister was just reminiscing about the year my niece was accepted to BK on Erev RH, after school already opened, by Rabbi Schenkelowsky z'l. I remember how a teacher made time that day to give her a Kodesh interview. They asked her to come on Tzom Gedaliah because they didn't want her to miss the Yom Iyun.

It's not okay OP. It's totally not OK. May Hashem help her get into school.

amother
  Sunflower

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 6:38 pm
My dd had great grades and is a great girl. To those saying that sometimes the parents are picky, yes we were picky because dd was a typical yeshivish girl and there was no reason she shouldn’t get into a normal school. Parents are allowed and should advocate for the right school for their child.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 6:42 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
My dd had great grades and is a great girl. To those saying that sometimes the parents are picky, yes we were picky because dd was a typical yeshivish girl and there was no reason she shouldn’t get into a normal school. Parents are allowed and should advocate for the right school for their child.

100% you should advocate for your child. But I have come across parents who are set on a particular school and won't hear of anything else. It's a very rigid way of thinking. There are great schools in this town BH and most students can fit in and thrive in more than one option.

My personal role model of a parent in this situation is our very own smallbean, whose DD didn't get accepted to school till after the start....and she was so calm and positive, worked with all the options until BH her daughter got in. FTR her daughter is a top student, great girl, IIRC she was GO in her elementary school, etc...and yet she was not hung up on any craziness.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 7:02 pm
OP it’s not ok that your daughter doesn’t have a school. Sending hugs and a prayer! Iyh very soon you’ll be in the uniform store breathing a sigh of relief!

lkwdgirl

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:04 pm
Thanks y’all

amother
Caramel  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:11 pm
Not that it helps but ur not alone. I also have a fantastic daughter that’s not in a school.It’s the Lakewood norm.

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 9:24 pm
My daughter is also not in school

amother
Nasturtium  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 10:00 pm
What about the new high school? I heard very good things. Do they have any room?

amother
  Nasturtium  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 10:01 pm
How can Maayan not have room? I know a girl from a good home who will be going there
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries