Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Medications to work on fast day
Previous  1  2

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 3:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
I was just beginning to feel brain fog. As I wrote, our rav gave me a heter, but a rather reluctant one.
There are Kali Tzom pills here in Israel, I've never tried them.
Caffeine pills probably would do the job at least partially as well.

I’ve found drinking a lot of Powerade or Gatorade the day before a taanis to be a complete game changer.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 3:54 pm
I have a chronic pain condition and I take medication for it every day. On fast days that start in the morning I wake up early to eat and drink something and take my medicine so I can function that day. On 9 Av and Yom Kippur I take the delayed release ibuprofen pills before the fast and use a lidocaine patch because ibuprofen doesn't help enough on its own.

If you know that you have issues fasting, then it's better to be proactive before the fast to prevent you having to break it if that's avoidable. Wake up early to hydrate and take a caffeine pill or Advil or whatever you think will help you get through the day before the fast. There are delayed release pills and suppositories that are available as well.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note