Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
S/O showering with children
Previous  1  2

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 9:54 pm
I dunno no desire whatsoever to bathe with my kids. And neither does dh. I want my bath time alone with me and me only.
Your kid should not be seeing you naked either.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 1:16 am
amother Silver wrote:
Only with a bathing suit on !

LOL!

We have a bath/shower combo that is quite big.

For some reason it was my 4 year old daughter's dream to have me take a shower while she took a bath. I don't know why she wanted that.

I finally did it on a long erev Shabbos. I squeezed into my old bathing suit (Haven't worn it in years) and she put her bathing suit on and went into the tub while I went into the shower. Then she made me switch. She had such a good time, and now she dreams of having the whole family in the shower/bath area, in bathing suits, at the same time.

I cannot imagine wanting to take a naked shower/bath with your own children. That is weird to me.

If I had a 9 month old who cried, I would either only shower when someone else could hold her (Dh, Mom, etc) or strap her into her car seat, and bring the car seat into the bathroom while I took a 2 minute shower. it would never cross my mind to undress her and bring her into the shower with me.

amother
Lily

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 1:24 am
The one and only time I took a bath with my kid was when my oldest was abt 4.5 months old and we went away on vacation and the hotel tub was very deep so the only way I felt safe bathing her was if I were in there with her, in very shallow water, so I could safely reach her without straining over the sides. Haven't had any interest since, with any of my kids!

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 2:27 am
Yeah I remember being 3 and seeing my mom's pubes sticking out of her underwear when she took me in with her to the shower. Nope! Not for me.

Brit in Israel

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 5:29 am
When are all of you showering and bathing kids?
My kids are all asleep when I shower at 12 and I'm in no mood to be getting wet when it's bath and bedtime rush.
So confused.
The only time I was in the shower with the kids was on vacation after the beach and I kept in my kosher swim dress whilst I showered the kids then DH dressed them in the bedroom whilst I had a proper shower without clothes.

amother
Brass

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 7:42 am
My 1.5 year old suddenly developed a fear of water. So I just got in there with her, in my clothes and all. I never bathed with any of my kids its strange to me. And if the need arose as it recently did with my baby I was fully dressed.

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 8:19 am
Never. The most I've done is swim with them in a pool with tznius swimwear. It's nauseating to me why an adult would sit or stand while naked with their child. Zero self respect for either the adult or child.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 10:10 am
How can you bathe with your toddlers? Aren’t you cold? (Water must be steamy hot and at least 3 feet deep for me).

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 11:59 am
Only with a newborn and then only because it was my first, I was alone in the house, and hadn't showered in days.

amother
Bellflower

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 3:14 pm
some people mentioned that siblings also shouldn't be bathing together.
At what age do most people find siblings bathing together innapropriate?
I took baths with whichever sisters were younger than me until I started taking showers in 1st grade (6 years old) and we would all take a bubble bath at my grandmother together even older and it did not feel weird at all.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 3:18 pm
Having the maximum amount of modesty that is practical to have is a value. So there are some things that are okay when done out of necessity but not otherwise.

amother
  Red

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 5:03 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
some people mentioned that siblings also shouldn't be bathing together.
At what age do most people find siblings bathing together innapropriate?
I took baths with whichever sisters were younger than me until I started taking showers in 1st grade (6 years old) and we would all take a bubble bath at my grandmother together even older and it did not feel weird at all.

I just stopped bathing my 2 oldest together at 6.5 and 5. They are boys and started making comments on each others bodies. Knew it was time.

amother
Snow

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 9:40 pm
I also don't get it. Like why make things so much harder? Also how do you safely shower with an infant? Put them on the floor?

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 10:19 pm
Omg, I just remembered that when I was 9 or 10 years old in camp, girls would shower together 🤭. We all wore bathing suits so it wasn’t inappropriate, but why???
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics