Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Maalot, bnot Elisheva, Bnos chava, bjj, ofakim?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
  Dandelion

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 3:00 am
It doesn't seem like you paid any attention to my post before, not sure why, but since you're so confused, I'll repeat for you:

There are other programs similar to Chedvas. The best option I see based on what you wrote is a program in RBS called Machon Lbanos, run by Rebbetzin Jacobowitz. It is full kodesh in English in the mornings, like an American seminary. Your daughter could catch up on whatever bagriyot she missed in the afternoons or start a degree program.

Ofakim is the same as any other Israeli maslulim program, it's just a dorm program, and it's known to cater to deep girls that are looking for inspiration. If it helps, I know someone who went because she wanted the kodesh and dropped it after the first year to start her degree program.

Masores Chaya is a high-level program, same as American seminary, but the principal won't let your daughter do bagruyot on the side. If the kodesh is important to her and she wants an American seminary exprience, she will need to put that on hold for the year.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 3:07 am
amother Pistachio wrote:
A friend at haMivchar mentioned that kodesh there is normally related to the subject material. She was studying nursing, and the only kodesh they had was halacha of working in the hospital on Shabbos. That was important for them to know, but represented a very small part of the course.

I studied at Shaarei Tzedek, and it sounds very similar. The issue that that for nursing and other health related professions there is a very full syllabus dictated by the government, and there simply isn't time to introduce much extra material. Something like computer programming might be more flexible.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info