Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Maalot, bnot Elisheva, Bnos chava, bjj, ofakim?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

indecisivemotha  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 5:56 am
Does anyone have any information on these sems? Parents? Girls? Learning? Do they accept living in Israel girls?

Dolly151  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:15 am
They're all pretty different. What is the girl like?

indecisivemotha  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:16 am
I’ve learnt that I have a hard time explaining what my daughter is like.
Are they all teacher seminaries?

Success10  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:23 am
Maalot and Bnot Elisheva are high schools. They might have maslulim for post high school girls, but it's to learn a profession. It doesn't compare to American style sems that are focused on kodesh.

indecisivemotha  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:28 am
So exactly my daughter already lives and learns in Israel we are American israelis, we are looking for somewhere focused on hashkafa and kodesh learning and growth

Success10

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:34 am
To finish up 12th grade or to skip 12th and do post high school? I don't think a mainstream Israeli seminar will allow that. People already recomended Chedvas and Ofakim. Did you look into those? Otherwise, maybe others can chime in if any American bais yaakov sems will allow an Israeli girl.

Elfrida  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:43 am
Can you accomodate a full time option, or are you still looking for somewhere that will allow time to study for bagrut? I agree with Success10 that an Israeli seminar is not likely to accommodate either option, and I don't think BJJ will.

Why not call the school offices and ask them? They might have reduced hours over the summer.

Last edited by Elfrida on Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Dolly151  

Why not try chedvas? Also sending to an american place costssss.

indecisivemotha  

so I spoke with her principal and she recommended to stay for 12th and the following year to go to one of those sems I listed above. But aren’t some of them only accepting Americans? Like Bnos chava I heard it’s for Baaalot teshuvas Is that true?

Elfrida  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:45 am
indecisivemotha wrote:
Like Bnos chava I heard it’s for Baaalot teshuvas Is that true?

No. It used to be on the Neve campus, but has always been a Beis Yaakov seminary.

indecisivemotha  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:46 am
So the principal told me my daughter has way more potential than chedvas, michlala etc. it would be suitable but my daughter can do better, her words. We are looking into options about the 12th grade thing but if it doesn’t work out I still need to send her to sem in the coming years. I’ve heard alot abt bjj isn’t it only accepting Americans and also Bnos chava?

Dolly151  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:46 am
Bnos Chava is a super in town seminary for girls from lakewood Flatbush and a couple other places. It's heavy pressure to dress really well (think pricey American type brands). I don't think I would send an american israeli girl there. It's intense for someone who's not from that world.

indecisivemotha  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:47 am
Elfrida wrote:
No. It used to be on the Neve campus, but has always been a Beis Yaakov seminary.

Only accept americans?

Elfrida  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:49 am
indecisivemotha wrote:
so I spoke with her principal and she recommended to stay for 12th and the following year to go to one of those sems I listed above. But aren’t some of them only accepting Americans? Like Bnos chava I heard it’s for Baaalot teshuvas Is that true?

So are you still looking to make last minute arrangements for this coming year, or are you researching for next year? That would give you a lot more time to research, apply, and even visit the campuses to get a feel for it.

Elfrida  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:51 am
indecisivemotha wrote:
Only accept americans?

As far as I know.
I don't think an Israeli girl would remotely fit in there.

salt  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:51 am
I think there's another Israeli seminary for post 12th grade, that focuses on limudei kodesh, called Shiviti.
Anyone heard of it?

Most Israeli Charedi girls do not do a year of limudei kodesh after high school.
They start learning in a vocational maslul, which in parallel offers lots of kodesh classes and hashkafa classes.

The only 2 pure limudei kodesh places I've heard of are Shiviti and Chedvas.

indecisivemotha  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:55 am
I’ll tell you the truth. We are still hopeful ( Ik I’m crazy) and doing whatever we can for this year. The principal b”h was so understanding and really is going yo try and sort out all the issues ( with like education department and everything) in order to do it this year. However she also explained that it is more worth it to wait and get accepted into a better seminary as she has the potential and chedvas for eg is acceptable for her but she can achieve so much more and it’s a chaval honestly. So idk I’m stuck idk which is better to wait or not??? So in the meantime it’s just waiting but I’m trying to get as much info as I can.

indecisivemotha  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:56 am
We are American Israelis, not Israeli Israeli like my daughter has never been in an only Israeli skl or something- more American than Israeli

indecisivemotha  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:59 am
indecisivemotha wrote:
Does anyone have any information on these sems? Parents? Girls? Learning? Do they accept living in Israel girls?

So as far as I understand- maalot and bnot Elisheva - high skls
Bnos chava- too American
Bjj - won’t accept American living in Israel ( understandable)
Ofakim- potential option together with chedvas
??

Dolly151

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 7:03 am
I've heard that ofakim is more yeshivish that chedvas if that is a concern for you. Why would you not just put her in a reg israeli 13th grade. They learn limudei kodesh there too
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info