Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Is there a lower cost excellent travel stroller?
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:51 pm
Maybe with a prime day deal?

It seems like all the good lightweight easy fold strollers these days are so high end that even at 30% off they're way beyond my budget. The secondhand market doesn't look great either.

I'm looking to spend around $100 (including used) though if I find a real metzia on something excellent maybe I could find $200 though I really don't have it right now.

The strollers that keep getting recommend are like bugaboo butterfly or babyzen yoyo but my jaw falls out when I see the prices. When my oldest was a baby, travel stroller meant maclaren, you could get one on sale about 100-150 and people were getting rid of used ones all the time!

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:54 pm
I haven't looked into either, but I've heard of the mompush and mountain buggy nano. For now I just don't have a travel stroller. One day Confused

LovesHashem  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:56 pm
I think the city mini tour is 199$. I just looked it up. Mine was free, but people sell them all the time here for 300-500 shekels (new is 1300-1400 shekels in Israel)

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 2:04 pm
I got this one a while back in open box condition, so about half the price. I love it. The push is great, it folds small (folding the handle backwards takes some practice, but that might be just mine. You don’t have to fold it that small), it reclines enough for naps, has nicely cushioned straps, and is recognizable in a crowd (think stroller parking at Disney). The hood is quite decent for a small stroller. Not much storage, but stroller hooks help. It feels nice and sturdy, and the seat is structured, not umbrella-like sling seat. https://www.amazon.com/Moda-En.....ss_tl

zebra111

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 2:08 pm
I have a joei signature parcel which I got to replace my very battered maclaren. It feels very posh but isnt crazy expensive, I got mine on sale for 850shekel and iv seen secondhand for under 500

amother
Clear

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 2:10 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
I think the city mini tour is 199$. I just looked it up. Mine was free, but people sell them all the time here for 300-500 shekels (new is 1300-1400 shekels in Israel)
This. It’s not as small as the higher end ones so if you do a ton of flying it may not be a good fit. But the push is comparable.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 2:13 pm
I had a mountain buggy nano for 4 babies and loved it. It is a 2 handed 2 step fold but wasn't a big deal for me.

scruffy

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 2:15 pm
LovesHashem wrote:

I like the city tour except that I couldn't bump it up steps. The wheels would catch on any step with a lip

Otherwise it's a very nice stroller

amother
Tan  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 2:16 pm
I just got baby jogger city tour 2 for 200 and I love it! It’s light, super quick and easy in and out of trunk for errands

cube

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 2:19 pm
you can find the cybex beezy for $200
super happy with it, I have it for 2.5 years

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 2:30 pm
scruffy wrote:
I like the city tour except that I couldn't bump it up steps. The wheels would catch on any step with a lip

Otherwise it's a very nice stroller

There's that. But it's so lightweight I just fold and carry it for steps. Doesn't make sense to bump it.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 2:31 pm
Fake yoyo from china, if you're okay with that kind of thing. People I know are super happy with theirs.

imaima  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 2:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Maybe with a prime day deal?

It seems like all the good lightweight easy fold strollers these days are so high end that even at 30% off they're way beyond my budget. The secondhand market doesn't look great either.

I'm looking to spend around $100 (including used) though if I find a real metzia on something excellent maybe I could find $200 though I really don't have it right now.

The strollers that keep getting recommend are like bugaboo butterfly or babyzen yoyo but my jaw falls out when I see the prices. When my oldest was a baby, travel stroller meant maclaren, you could get one on sale about 100-150 and people were getting rid of used ones all the time!

Well, maybe a maclaren
But actually baby jogger city tour looks great and seems to be on sale

amother
  Tan

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 2:41 pm
amother Tan wrote:
I just got baby jogger city tour 2 for 200 and I love it! It’s light, super quick and easy in and out of trunk for errands

Prime day special is 179. It’s super light, very easy fold and unfold, perfect for travel or in and out of trunk.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 7:58 pm
Thanks!

I wonder how the return policy is on the prime deal. Because I'd really really like to go lower if I can find used, but I'm traveling in a couple of weeks and would love a backup plan. My finances are a bit of a mess now but I do hope to catch up soon iyh... 😬

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 8:19 pm
Ugh against my better judgement I started googling and now there are a zillion options including ones that are less than the city tour on sale and I don't have time or energy to parse them all but the sale won't last. Ugh what have I done.

I really did want to stay under 100, can't decide whether to stick to my guns or if I'm going to regret not having a great stroller if the one I get isn't great and I blew the $100 on it.

oakandfig19

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 9:01 pm
I just got the joovy ultralight for travel

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 9:12 pm
I have this one:
https://www.amazon.sg/Tiny-Won.....TSKZS
im happy with it already for 8 years. use it for travel and for daily once child can support themselves. im not sure if you can find it online somewhere. I bought on amazon for under 100

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 9:20 pm
A few years ago I got a super lightweight stroller for about $50 from either target or Walmart, I don’t remember which. I’m pretty sure they still sell it, or something similar. I think it was kolkraft.

tichellady

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 9:35 pm
Apparently this is very good and can use a promo code for 20% off. I might get it

203XY4LU

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CZ.....ss_tl
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics