Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lancaster itinerary - update page 4 '23, update page 7 '24
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

srill  

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 10:15 am
What shuls are in lancaster. I know of Degel Israel but I'm looking for something more in the Cherry crest area.

amother
Tuberose  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:37 pm
bumping this up. looking for a hotel to stay at Lancaster. is doubletrees water park pretty empty? I wouldn't want my son looking at undressed girls...

amother
  Cobalt  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:39 pm
We stayed at the Wyndham hotel a few weeks ago. It was totally empty bh

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:47 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
bumping this up. looking for a hotel to stay at Lancaster. is doubletrees water park pretty empty? I wouldn't want my son looking at undressed girls...

We went last year. Was loaded with yidden. They even had separate swimming hours at night. And minyanim on premises.

amother
  Cobalt  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:49 pm
If you go bein hazmanim or between camp and school everywhere is going to be packed. If you want empty you have to go at a random time

srill  

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 10:30 pm
This thread is great! A few people mentioned buggy rides- can someone post details? Where to pick it up, are some better than others...
Thanks!

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 10:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
We're planning on going to Lancaster with a few kids under age 10. Haven't gone away on more than day trips in a few years, so curious what anyone else who has done longer trips or Lancaster think of the itinerary.
My kids won't have patience to be in any one place for more than 2-3 hrs max so this is what I'm thinking we'll do (I've already looked into prices etc.):

Sunday:
Leave NJ
Stop somewhere for lunch/restrooms
Choo Choo Barn
Check in to hotel
Long's Park/supper

Monday:
Morning - Lancaster Science Factory
Lunch at hotel or park
Afternoon - Dutch Wonderland
Supper

Tuesday:
Check-out
Cherry Crest Farm (lunch)
Possibly That Pet Place/That Fish Place
Go home in the later afternoon

Does this sound feasible?

I was looking into getting two rooms either at Wyndham Lancaster Resort or maybe the Fairfield Inn and Suites (Lancaster) but the Wyndham seems much more exciting for the kids. I would want connecting rooms and a fridge so I am trying to see what my best options are. Also want something not so far from the shul so my husband won't spend so much time driving back forth to shacharis in the morning.

Anyone have any opinion/input?

Plan on an entire day at dutch wonderland- it's expensive and you can spend a lot more than a couple of hours there

amother
  Moonstone  

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 10:37 pm
Cherry crest was a whole day for us too

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 10:39 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:

It's the summer...everything will be crowded. Especially if you go away the same week everyone else is.

amother
Periwinkle  

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 10:50 pm
Itinerary looks great. We went last year and did Crayola on the way there, my kids are small perfect for them, cherry crest and kreider farm. We also squeezed in cherry hill orchards peach 馃崙 picking after cherry crest - it鈥檚 not far from there. Most delicious peaches ever. It鈥檚 like a quick drive by.
We stayed in double tree Hilton and minyanim were down the hall from our room and always full! My husband didn鈥檛 have to go anywhere. We were also able to grill outside in picnic area so supper was taken care of. Not a far drive from shul either - he did shacharit there bc we were able to make a slichot minyan for Sephardim. Connected with people via WhatsApp group. It was wonderful.
Enjoy your trip!

amother
  Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 10:51 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:

They have separate hours! Very Jewish friendly Baruch Hashem , from my stay last year

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 5:57 pm
This is a very helpful thred, wondering if you booked tours with the amish in advance and which buggy ride place did you use?

Are all the buggy rides the same?

srill

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:42 pm
Two buggy rides that I found, recommended on other threads, and that have very good google reviews are Abes and AAA. Google them for address etc. Both don't need reservation in advance

amother
  Moonstone  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:43 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
We stayed at the Wyndham hotel a few weeks ago. It was totally empty bh

A few weeks ago meaning end of June? Was it right after school was done?

amother
  Cobalt

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:46 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
A few weeks ago meaning end of June? Was it right after school was done?
yes between school and camp

amother
  Moonstone

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:53 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
yes between school and camp

I think That鈥檚 my plan next year
I had forgotten that Dutch wonderland doesn鈥檛 have good weekday schedule at end of August and kids haven鈥檛 been there yet

amother
Hawthorn  

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 8:59 am
amother Azure wrote:
Did this last year. This was my itinerary.

Sunday. Left early morning. Straight to dutch wonderland. Was there alllllll day until it closed. Kids LOVED it.

Stayed in Hilton DoubleTree with water park.

Monday. Kreidera farm cholov yisroel milk tour. Was AMAZING. Ttly have to do it.
Horse and buggy ride. Drove around Amish. We ended up by the Amish experience which I didn't like.

Tuesday: cherry crest farm all day. Kids love and left home straight from there.

Food. I brought BBQ and Betty crocker.

You can't really pack in much more per day.

Is the cholov Yisroel milk tour different than the regular tour? How can I book the cholov Yisroel tour?

amother
  Chocolate  

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 10:36 am
amother Hawthorn wrote:
Is the cholov Yisroel milk tour different than the regular tour? How can I book the cholov Yisroel tour?

It's the same tour. All the milk produced on kreiders is cholov yisroel (as they will explain on the tour)
Just book it asap because the tours get filled up very quickly.

amother
  Hawthorn  

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 11:08 am
amother Chocolate wrote:
It's the same tour. All the milk produced on kreiders is cholov yisroel (as they will explain on the tour)
Just book it asap because the tours get filled up very quickly.

Will we get soaking wet on a rainy day?
And is this interesting for teens (who would probably rather be at arcades?

Hey123

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 11:41 am
looking to go the week of the 25th. Double tree is booked, thinking to stay at the Wyndham.
Does anyone know if there's minyanim in the Wyndham?
TIA
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics