Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Ice cream trucks

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 7:41 pm
Is there a kosher ice cream truck that comes around your neighborhood? How much does a scoop cost?

Do you let your kids get every time the truck comes around?

giftedmom

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 7:42 pm
5$ a cone
I let my kids have Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. If it doesn’t come that day or they miss it then too bad.

ces

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 7:43 pm
Ice cream truck comes around a few times a week. I let my kids buy on erev Shabbos mevorchim.

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 7:51 pm
$5!!
Only on Rosh Chodesh or the week of Rosh Chodesh

(Usually they only finish 1/4 or 1/2 and I’m not interested in wasting money like that)

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 7:56 pm
We don't have a kosher ice cream truck, but we do have an ice cream store smack in the center of our neighborhood- we pass it multiple times a day. The kids can earn it as a treat Friday afternoon if they help clean up and the house is ready early enough, and we occasionally go as a treat, but if they whine to go the answer is no.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 8:11 pm
It's $5 a cone & we get on rosh chodesh.
It passes by multiple times a day & is honestly so annoying. The kids just start whining and crying even if they know they won't get.

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 8:42 pm
We always have ice cream in the freezer so my kids don't feel deprived not to get from the truck. They understand that for the price of one ice cream from the truck we can buy enough for the whole family from the store. I let them have a few times a week.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 8:43 pm
It hasn't been around this summer. The kids miss it.

gootlfriends

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 9:33 pm
Oh my! I buy tubs of ice cream and ice cream cones for the house. I do not ever buy off the truck. I did it once on lag b'omer years ago but it wasn't really worth it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries