Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Malka delay
  Previous  1  2  3 15  16  17  Next

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 1:15 am
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Is that Chaya Faigie jundef? She’s amazing!

Yes that’s her

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 1:27 am
Has anyone heard from their CITs or TCs who are currently in camp?

If I haven’t heard from mine , do I assume this is great news and they are finally loving things?

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 1:30 am
Seems phones were collected on Friday which may be why the constant updates stopped coming. I think it’s only right that they allow the kids to call tonight and let us know they’re ok after everything they’ve put them through. But doesn’t look like that’s what’s happening…

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 2:45 am
Received this email about 20 minutes ago.

Anyone know what this could possibly indicate?

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 2:48 am
They don’t want chaos as kid arrive all day. I think it’s the only decent email they’ve sent so far. Sounds like they want it to go smoothly. That doesn’t concern me.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 2:57 am
amother Fern wrote:
Seems phones were collected on Friday which may be why the constant updates stopped coming. I think it’s only right that they allow the kids to call tonight and let us know they’re ok after everything they’ve put them through. But doesn’t look like that’s what’s happening…

Based on their track record phones should not have been confiscated. They don't deserve this trust now.
Anyone did hear from their child?

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 2:58 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
Received this email about 20 minutes ago.

Anyone know what this could possibly indicate?

My phone blocks images. Can someone please tell me what this says?

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 2:59 am
amother Blush wrote:
Based on their track record phones should not have been confiscated. They don't deserve this trust now.
Anyone did hear from their child?

I spoke to someone whose daughter called erev shabbos for a few minutes.

Sounded like she was happy and having a good time.

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 3:00 am
amother Blush wrote:
My phone blocks images. Can someone please tell me what this says?

A Gutta Voch. We apologize for sending this email at this late hour.
We understand that the girls who left for Shabbos are eager to return, and we look forward to welcoming them, however, there are still some challenges that we are working through in order to ensure that all of our campers' needs are properly met. We are working towards a goal of having everything in place by 6 P.M, and we will update you if there are any changes by 12 P.M.
Important: If your daughter is returning to camp:
A- Please do not have her arrive prior to 6 P.M.
B- You must send a clear email with her name, estimated time of arrival, and her means of transportation.
C- Upon arrival to camp, your daughter should check in at the office.
D- We will send you an email confirmation that your daughter has safely arrived.
Looking forward to providing your daughters with a safe and enjoyable summer.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 3:01 am
amother Jasmine wrote:
I spoke to someone whose daughter called erev shabbos for a few minutes.

Sounded like she was happy and having a good time.

That I heard too.
What about tonight? Did anyone hear from their kid after Shabbos?

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 3:01 am
amother Forsythia wrote:
A Gutta Voch. We apologize for sending this email at this late hour.
We understand that the girls who left for Shabbos are eager to return, and we look forward to welcoming them, however, there are still some challenges that we are working through in order to ensure that all of our campers' needs are properly met. We are working towards a goal of having everything in place by 6 P.M, and we will update you if there are any changes by 12 P.M.
Important: If your daughter is returning to camp:
A- Please do not have her arrive prior to 6 P.M.
B- You must send a clear email with her name, estimated time of arrival, and her means of transportation.
C- Upon arrival to camp, your daughter should check in at the office.
D- We will send you an email confirmation that your daughter has safely arrived.
Looking forward to providing your daughters with a safe and enjoyable summer.

Thank you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 3:25 am
The girls were given back their phones for half an hour tonight.
My daughter called home. And all her friends.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 4:06 am
amother OP wrote:
The girls were given back their phones for half an hour tonight.
My daughter called home. And all her friends.

How was Shabbos?
Do they have normal bathrooms?
Food?
Their luggage?

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 5:55 am
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
It’s not his camp!!! He jumped to help as a random person who heard what happened. He has no responsibility here.

The hotel that camp malka was in when they were evacuated was owned by Moshe Dovid perlstein. Perlstein rented the hotel to camp malka. He didn’t do it for free he made money on it. It was wrong of perlstein because he knew how bad the condition of the hotel was and he knew that this hotel cannot house 800 girls.

So yes perlstein is upset that parents found out the truth that the hotel is a dump and uninhabitable and he feels that if no photos went online camp malka could have continued abusing the girls and get away with it.

You can’t stuff 800 girls into a hotel that only
Has space for 200 girls. It’s abusive that the camp even came to This hotel in the first place.

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 6:21 am
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
They don’t want chaos as kid arrive all day. I think it’s the only decent email they’ve sent so far. Sounds like they want it to go smoothly. That doesn’t concern me.

According to staff there they don’t have enough beds yet, and the food Shabbos was enough but wouldn’t have been enough had all the girls who went home stayed, so they are still figuring things out, not totally ready. On Friday they said that the girls who went home have to be back before 6 and now they said after 6. Messed up

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 8:20 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
The hotel that camp malka was in when they were evacuated was owned by Moshe Dovid perlstein. Perlstein rented the hotel to camp malka. He didn’t do it for free he made money on it. It was wrong of perlstein because he knew how bad the condition of the hotel was and he knew that this hotel cannot house 800 girls.

So yes perlstein is upset that parents found out the truth that the hotel is a dump and uninhabitable and he feels that if no photos went online camp malka could have continued abusing the girls and get away with it.

Has space for 200 girls. It’s abusive that the camp even came to This hotel in the first place.

Again total lashon hara. Plus perlstein has been in this business for a while. He gets things done. For what purpose would he buy a hotel that’s a dump and only has space for 200? It logically makes
No sense to do that

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 8:26 am
amother Obsidian wrote:

That really has nothing to do with anything. He tired to offer them an emergency place to stay. You don’t to get make up his thoughts and feelings and accuse him of bad. This here is not acceptable halachically.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 8:40 am
amother Obsidian wrote:

Has space for 200 girls
. It’s abusive that the camp even came to This hotel in the first place.

I don't disagree with this, but apparently these girls were all out in the heat with literally nowhere to go. If this guy scrambled in to help, that's amazing, and we really don't need to assume the worst, most selfish motives.

The issue was the camp bringing the girls from their safe homes into an unprepared, unsafe environment. Beyond that, please let's not go after the third parties trying to rush in and offer quick fixes for the girls. At that point there was only not ideal and even worse.

Accountability falls to the people responsible for bringing them out there. Not the people trying to clean up the mess.

By the way, it takes a true baal chessed and hero to step in at the eleventh hour when everyone is already in a dire situation, because you know you're going to be dealing with a lot of people directing anger at you. This is very much lehavdil, but many moons ago, I was a member of a grad school club. The president organized an alumni event, which I wasn't even going to make it to because of my classes. I'm sitting in class and she starts messaging everyone that she was desperate, she was running late, the event was starting, can anyone please just run to the event and greet people, and so on. There were no takers, so eventually I felt bad and was like, okay. I'll go. I showed up to this event, there's all these alum there looking at me as if I had any clue. The food hadn't arrived, I had no idea anything about this event and what I was supposed to do. To top it off I'm an introvert, and now I'm suddenly supposed to be hosting some event on-the-fly.

The people who showed up just want the event run, they don't care whose "fault" it was, so there's no real point trying to blame someone because now you just look like someone who can't take responsibility. That was such a minor event and issue, no one was actually even mean to me, and I felt so bad after that teeny tiny mishap, I was like "I'm never rushing in to clean up someone else's mess."

With this guy's business experience, I'm sure he knew what he was in for, and he took it on anyway. Don't be the fool who goes after the gomlei chassadim.

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 9:51 am
amother Seagreen wrote:
I don't disagree with this, but apparently these girls were all out in the heat with literally nowhere to go. If this guy scrambled in to help, that's amazing, and we really don't need to assume the worst, most selfish motives.

The issue was the camp bringing the girls from their safe homes into an unprepared, unsafe environment. Beyond that, please let's not go after the third parties trying to rush in and offer quick fixes for the girls. At that point there was only not ideal and even worse.

Accountability falls to the people responsible for bringing them out there. Not the people trying to clean up the mess.

By the way, it takes a true baal chessed and hero to step in at the eleventh hour when everyone is already in a dire situation, because you know you're going to be dealing with a lot of people directing anger at you. This is very much lehavdil, but many moons ago, I was a member of a grad school club. The president organized an alumni event, which I wasn't even going to make it to because of my classes. I'm sitting in class and she starts messaging everyone that she was desperate, she was running late, the event was starting, can anyone please just run to the event and greet people, and so on. There were no takers, so eventually I felt bad and was like, okay. I'll go. I showed up to this event, there's all these alum there looking at me as if I had any clue. The food hadn't arrived, I had no idea anything about this event and what I was supposed to do. To top it off I'm an introvert, and now I'm suddenly supposed to be hosting some event on-the-fly.

The people who showed up just want the event run, they don't care whose "fault" it was, so there's no real point trying to blame someone because now you just look like someone who can't take responsibility. That was such a minor event and issue, no one was actually even mean to me, and I felt so bad after that teeny tiny mishap, I was like "I'm never rushing in to clean up someone else's mess."

With this guy's business experience, I'm sure he knew what he was in for, and he took it on anyway. Don't be the fool who goes after the gomlei chassadim.

Let’s get the facts straight. The staff showed up on Monday to camp malka’s campus with no working toilets.

They called home, no one was going to send their kids Wednesday they would have kept their kids home. Perlstein jumped in and offered his hotel that he bought years ago that he used during Covid. He didn’t buy the hotel now, it’s an empty building he had that needs major repairs to make it habitable.

Now this is where perlstein is wrong; don’t offer a hotel and take money for it that only has space for 200 beds when there are 800 campers plus staff.

Plus the hotel isn’t fully operational now, that’s not a place to bring girls to. You see the health department kicked them out even with sending some of the girls home. His hotel was not safe to stay in even for a week. Camp malka should have kept the girls home until after shabbos to figure out a safe place for the girls.

Perlstein thought they could wing it a week there and no one will know and they can get away with it.

Now it’s on social media so he’s mad. Bh it happened and bh for social media. Years ago this abuse that they tried to pull off would have happened.

Bh these innocent girls were saved and they are home With their parents safe and sound.

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 9:56 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
Let’s get the facts straight. The staff showed up on Monday to camp malka’s campus with no working toilets.

They called home, no one was going to send their kids Wednesday they would have kept their kids home. Perlstein jumped in and offered his hotel that he bought years ago that he used during Covid. He didn’t buy the hotel now, it’s an empty building he had that needs major repairs to make it habitable.

Now this is where perlstein is wrong; don’t offer a hotel and take money for it that only has space for 200 beds when there are 800 campers plus staff.

Plus the hotel isn’t fully operational now, that’s not a place to bring girls to. You see the health department kicked them out even with sending some of the girls home. His hotel was not safe to stay in even for a week. Camp malka should have kept the girls home until after shabbos to figure out a safe place for the girls.

Perlstein thought they could wing it a week there and no one will know and they can get away with it.

Now it’s on social media so he’s mad. Bh it happened and bh for social media. Years ago this abuse that they tried to pull off would have happened.

Bh these innocent girls were saved and they are home With their parents safe and sound.

The hotel is up and running and available for bookings on Expedia. Don’t make up facts.

My daughter was at camp malka and had a disastrous experience. I have only gratitude towards rabbi Perlstein for his involvement.
Page 16 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics