Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Malka delay
  Previous  1  2  3 14 15  16  17  Next

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 6:17 pm
He is right. The fact ppl are bashing him for writing a letter when they don’t even know his connection just shows how little they know.

He is someone looking to help and make a situation to work and save a summer. While so many others are watching as ppl fail and commenting along the way when they have no connection to the situation.

There is so much fake information and fear mongering being thrown around it’s astounding by ppl with no connection.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 6:18 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
Why should he apologize?

Doesn't Perlstein own the resort?

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 6:25 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
Doesn't Perlstein own the resort?

He is a partner in a diff hotel nearby his teen camp is in. (Maybe mt laurel)
As far as I know He knows the area so helped them find it and brought over 700 beds and workers to try to help out.
Again there are lots of rumors (motzei Shem ra maybe? ) flying

He runs great schools, camps and now a seminary . He is someone who knows how to get things done. For a fraction of the cost of other ppl. His seminary in eretz yosroel is wildly and popular. And not bec it’s a fraction on the cost of every other seminary. He is charging 1/2 the price of any other camp. It is beyond a chessed.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 6:32 pm
This whole saga is really reminding me of the meraglim.

People’s true colors really are showing

ddmom

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 6:34 pm
My dd just spoke to her friend who came back! Sounds like she had lots of fun although it was chaos! She doesn't seem traumatized at all!
He has a point that media blew up the situation out of proportion!
I do not have a dd in camp malka, never did but I followed this thread with high interest. And I'm not the only one.
Maybe it was due to lack of communication from the camp, it definitely looks like it wasn't handled properly but I admit there's some truth to what he wrote!

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 6:39 pm
@Camp Malka girls that came home -

Overnight camp in Lakewood,
IY"H starting Tuesday 7/16.

Program by:
Mrs Chaya Faigie Bar

Camp mother:
Mrs. Ahuva Ziemba

Backed by:
Zvi Bloom

Best is to text

It will be a 2-3 week overnight camp located on a beautiful campus in lakewood.

Final details are still being ironed out,
There are numerous people stepping up to the plate to ensure a fun and fulfilling summer for as many of our teenage daughters as possible!

This initiative is being put together by people that are not looking to put a penny in their own pockets.

Please reach out and we will Bez"h connect on Sunday with final details once all is ironed out.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 6:49 pm
Also I don’t know the camp owner. But it doesn’t take tons of metal gymnastics to be Dan loaf zechus.
He gas campgrounds he had been promised a CO and it didn’t come through. I’d think he would be fighting for the CO. Working on the campus finishing what they were asking for.
Probably didn’t have a spare minute for damage control or pr
Didn’t have to be at the resort that was being run by his staff.

These are in total assumptions on my part. but more realistic. So I don’t know why it’s so hard to think of those scenarios but instead guess he is AWOL or making it sound like he ran away and abdicate responsibility.

Again ppl blowing up a situation based on motzei Shem ra

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 7:26 pm
Is life really better without stories going viral? Imagine if you were a parent and thought your kid is just a complainer and didn’t take seriously, especially after spending $3 K and left them to rough it in what sounds inhospitable. And why should parents need to work for free for a for profit organization to help them move for free? The camp should use profits from other years, giving up their salaries, to cover whoever mistakes it was.

amother
Hosta

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 7:33 pm
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

Did the owner type this ?

cnc

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 7:39 pm
amother Hosta wrote:
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/general/2296700/mailbag-shame-on-everyone-who-gossiped-about-camp-malkas-struggles.html

Did the owner type this ?

no

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 7:50 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Is life really better without stories going viral? Imagine if you were a parent and thought your kid is just a complainer and didn’t take seriously, especially after spending $3 K and left them to rough it in what sounds inhospitable. And why should parents need to work for free for a for profit organization to help them move for free? The camp should use profits from other years, giving up their salaries, to cover whoever mistakes it was.

How do you know what is true or false from all the anonymous ppl posting. Does fake viral news help anyone?

I’m not saying everything is not true. Plenty is.
But there is so much false information and speculation and guessing being shared as fact. And ppl are just lapping it up. And reshaping as fact.

I don’t know what you are referring to parents working for them for free.
But sometimes ppl just want do chessed for other ppl.
The ppl I hear helping out are trying to help save a business and trying to save the summer for girls out if the goodness of their heart. We often hear of Jews helping other Jews. Even when it comes to business and parnassah. I’m not sure why that is do scandalous.

Typically ppl try to chear on other Jews and build them up and support them. Even in business. Not tear them down.

While they are not a charity but a business. Once they are struggling and drowning it becomes chessed to help them out.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 7:55 pm
My friend's daughter is there and doesn't want to leave, despite my friend's prodding.
Yup, frustrating parts but doesn't mean the girls are all traumatized and want to leave !!

amother
Black

Post Sat, Jul 13 2024, 9:51 pm
How was their shabbos??? Keep thinking about the girls

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Jul 13 2024, 11:15 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
@Camp Malka girls that came home -

Overnight camp in Lakewood,
IY"H starting Tuesday 7/16.

Program by:
Mrs Chaya Faigie Bar

Camp mother:
Mrs. Ahuva Ziemba

Backed by:
Zvi Bloom

Best is to text

It will be a 2-3 week overnight camp located on a beautiful campus in lakewood.

Final details are still being ironed out,
There are numerous people stepping up to the plate to ensure a fun and fulfilling summer for as many of our teenage daughters as possible!

This initiative is being put together by people that are not looking to put a penny in their own pockets.

Please reach out and we will Bez"h connect on Sunday with final details once all is ironed out.

Chaya Faigie is super talented
Hope this works out for the girls

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Jul 13 2024, 11:39 pm
amother Gold wrote:
Also I don’t know the camp owner. But it doesn’t take tons of metal gymnastics to be Dan loaf zechus.
He gas campgrounds he had been promised a CO and it didn’t come through. I’d think he would be fighting for the CO. Working on the campus finishing what they were asking for.
Probably didn’t have a spare minute for damage control or pr
Didn’t have to be at the resort that was being run by his staff.

These are in total assumptions on my part. but more realistic. So I don’t know why it’s so hard to think of those scenarios but instead guess he is AWOL or making it sound like he ran away and abdicate responsibility.

Again ppl blowing up a situation based on motzei Shem ra

My daughter was part of staff that was taken up to the grounds. She said there were at least a hundred workers working to get the place ready. Then when they didn't get the approvals they had to use lots of the workers to help in the Poconos. I assume if they would have pushed off camp opening another week they could have been totally ready.
Also, my daughter said that once the campers arrived at the Poconos hotel, there was always food available to eat. She said not everybody liked the food but in camp there are always girls who don't like the food. She said when only staff was there some moms arrived with their kids and went out and bought cases of water bottles. Later on a big truckload of bottled water arrived.
First days of camp are hard and stressful for many, imagine how much more so under these circumstances.

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Jul 13 2024, 11:43 pm
amother Black wrote:
How was their shabbos??? Keep thinking about the girls

I heard it was very nice bh

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sat, Jul 13 2024, 11:57 pm
amother Beige wrote:
Chaya Faigie is super talented
Hope this works out for the girls

Is that Chaya Faigie jundef? She’s amazing!

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 12:03 am

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 12:21 am
amother Slategray wrote:
My daughter was part of staff that was taken up to the grounds. She said there were at least a hundred workers working to get the place ready. Then when they didn't get the approvals they had to use lots of the workers to help in the Poconos. I assume if they would have pushed off camp opening another week they could have been totally ready.
Also, my daughter said that once the campers arrived at the Poconos hotel, there was always food available to eat. She said not everybody liked the food but in camp there are always girls who don't like the food. She said when only staff was there some moms arrived with their kids and went out and bought cases of water bottles. Later on a big truckload of bottled water arrived.
First days of camp are hard and stressful for many, imagine how much more so under these circumstances.

Food and water were trucked in by parents. I know - I paid for a pallet of water and a driver. I spoke to owner of KC supermarket that was 20 min away and he said he was sending over $1000s of dollars of food food charged to parents credit cards. Don’t try to downplay what happened. I have to say none of the parents think they were swindled. It was a series of unfortunate circumstances that was obviously meant to happen. the breakdown was that the girls were sent there.

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 1:10 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Food and water were trucked in by parents. I know - I paid for a pallet of water and a driver. I spoke to owner of KC supermarket that was 20 min away and he said he was sending over $1000s of dollars of food food charged to parents credit cards. Don’t try to downplay what happened. I have to say none of the parents think they were swindled. It was a series of unfortunate circumstances that was obviously meant to happen. the breakdown was that the girls were sent there.

Plenty of parents do think they were swindled. The fact that parents had to pay for food and water means the camp didn’t have a plan when bussing 700 girls there . The whole thing is ridiculous
Page 15 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 14 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics