Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
New Jersey schools close to Monsey
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:15 am
What about chassidish schools that allow driving? Stolin or kesser bais yakov for girls, vein or imrei binah for boys. If you don't have a smartphone/technology and you push a little you can probably get in

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:18 am
Yes. Bnos binah is a chassidish school which allows driving. They are open to technology. Expensive vacations. Brand name clothing etc. My daughter wears hand me downs......

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:21 am
I know a bunch of people who are your crowd who sent to Chofetz Chaim. Have you looked into that ?

amother
Amaryllis  

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:25 am
What's with Bais Rochel?

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:28 am
I wonder who the big ppl are there. Bais Rochel is not taking there own graduates. And btw we have alot of money to offer, at first we didn't want to use this route. Anyhow it's not helping. I'm wondering what to do. I'm davening alot.

amother
Starflower

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:33 am
What about munkach?

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:35 am
Munkatch is bnos binah. Same school. They have smartphones at young age. Open to technology. Expensive Vacations. Fancy high class Simchas. Brand name clothing etc.

amother
  Mintgreen

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:44 am
Honestly you’ll have to pick where to compromise on monsey schools. I don’t think any schools outside of monsey will be the type you’re looking for.

amother
  Amaryllis

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:49 am
doesn't sound like you even tried to apply....

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:51 am
amother OP wrote:
I wonder who the big ppl are there. Bais Rochel is not taking there own graduates. And btw we have alot of money to offer, at first we didn't want to use this route. Anyhow it's not helping. I'm wondering what to do. I'm davening alot.
You have a lot of money to offer and your daughter wears hand me downs? What ever for?

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:54 am
Because we choose to use our money the right way. We are not into clothing. We get beautiful hand me downs. Not always bit most of the time

amother
Eggshell  

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:56 am
You will never find a custom made school that has your exact standards regarding technology /driving / lifestyle / vacations.
How will traveling to NJ help? You should apply to all Monsey schools where you fit in somewhat and choose your best bet from whichever you get into.
If you're not accepted anywhere then it makes sense to look further out. But you seem to be way too picky and expect to find a custom school. That's not reality.

amother
  Eggshell

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:58 am
amother OP wrote:
Because we choose to use our money the right way. We are not into clothing. We get beautiful hand me downs. Not always bit most of the time

That's very nice. So if you're confident dressing your daughter in beautiful hand me downs (which you should be) why should it bother you what other kids wear? Hopefully your daughter will be as confident as you.

amother
DarkOrange  

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 11:20 am
OP, in what ways exactly are you too modern for the mainstream chassidish schools? Maybe if you’re more specific we can tell you where you may fit in.

Also, you’re coming across as a bit picky/judgemental. In every single school there will be some more families more “open to technology” and some less. Some families more into brand names and some less. It’s not about that, it’s about instilling in your children pride and confidence in their way of life. Obviously you don’t want to send to a school where every family is more modern than you. But if you want a school where they police every single aspect of every single parents life, then you should be able to fit in to the mainstream chassidish schools. Obviously you are “too modern” for them which means you yourself are picking and choosing what social rules you want to follow.

Prospect, BY Pomona, YSV are all wonderful Bais yaakov schools. No you are not going to find a chassidish school that takes “more modern” chassidish that also has zero technology or brand names (btw I don’t even know why you put those 2 in the same category, they are totally different, and for the record most people I know who are in circles that shun all technology are the MOST into brand names!).

dena613  

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 11:31 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
What's with Bais Rochel?

Why not Bais Rochel or its breakaway (don't know the name)?

Also, I know tottini and kidichic were sort of mocked by some on the harry thread, but you can outfit your kids in sale tottini clothes and they will look totally current.

dena613  

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 11:32 am
amother OP wrote:

Kol hakavod if you can pay full tuition!!!
But I don't think it makes sense for your kids to wear handmedowns if you can afford to bribe your way into schools. (How much does that cost,btw? I'm assuming at least $10K?)

riseandshine

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 11:34 am
I'm chassidish and send to bnos bina I am very happy bh we live simple no vacation and hand me downs it's you're own prospective that's limiting you the schools will never be perfect choose you're battle wisely and we're also not perfect sometimes being humble gets you far it's not always balck and white

amother
  DarkOrange

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 11:35 am
dena613 wrote:
Kol hakavod if you can pay full tuition!!!
But I don't think it makes sense for your kids to wear handmedowns if you can afford to bribe your way into schools. (How much does that cost,btw? I'm assuming at least $10K?)

Sorry but you’re wrong, OP said these are very nice hand me downs, why wouldn’t it make sense for a kid to wear hand me downs that are are in style and good condition just because their parents have money? It’s a mindset of not wasting, and you obviously don’t have it.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 12:06 pm
Idk, save the hand me downs for someone who needs it..imo

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 12:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's very modern. Technology at very young age. Mini skirts. Smartphones..etc.

I don't think you would like any Bergen County schools either. We get kids from Monsey.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics