Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Government should pay for yeshivas and schools tuition.

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:11 pm
https://oneclickpolitics.globa.....23068

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:13 pm
You and other members of Congress have a unique opportunity to provide significant support to American education and America’s schoolchildren.

I urge you to support the “Educational Choice for Children Act” (H.R. 9462 similar to H.R. 531), legislation introduced by Rep. Adrian Smith and co-sponsored by more than 150 members, that will effectively encourage taxpayers to invest in education and cover a variety of educational expenses facing public and private school children.

The constituents of our state will profoundly benefit from ECCA, as it will provide many thousands of needy students the ability to pursue their educational goals.

If you have already signed up as a co-sponsor, I thank you. If not, I encourage you to support the bill by adding your name as a co-sponsor or voting in favor of the legislation.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:15 pm
Ask Congress to Support the Educational Choice for Children Act

Imagine if parents wanting to send their children to Jewish and other private schools had a $5 billion scholarship fund to help out?

On Wednesday, September 11, the House Ways and Means Committee voted 23-16 in support of a five billion dollar scholarship proposal entitled the “Educational Choice for Children Act (ECCA)” (H.R. 9462). ECCA has received support from more than150 members of the House and is the fastest and surest way to expand school choice to all 50 states.

We need you to urge your representatives to support the bill.

ECCA provides parents the financial ability to to choose schools best suited for their children, whether they be public, private, or religious. This bill will encourage taxpayers to invest in education by allowing a dollar-for-dollar federal tax credit for taxpayers who contribute to Scholarship Granting Organizations (SGO). These SGOs would then provide scholarships for a range of educational expenses, including private school tuition!

amother
Latte  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 1:34 pm
To clarify, it’s not just going to pay for your child’s tuition. It will give you a tax credit for donating to an organization that provides school scholarships, but it’s not like you can donate to an organization and then that organization will pay your tuition for you.. there are also income limits to qualify for it

Also I’m not sure where 5b comes from, I read the bill which says 1b towards the tax refunds, and it gets divided by all states to distribute

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 1:50 pm
amother Latte wrote:
To clarify, it’s not just going to pay for your child’s tuition. It will give you a tax credit for donating to an organization that provides school scholarships, but it’s not like you can donate to an organization and then that organization will pay your tuition for you.. there are also income limits to qualify for it

Also I’m not sure where 5b comes from, I read the bill which says 1b towards the tax refunds, and it gets divided by all states to distribute

Wow so like AZ.?
I know AZ you can use your tax money to pay for yeshivas.

Hashem_Yaazor  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:20 pm
amother Latte wrote:

It clearly says 5B
https://www.congress.gov/bill/...../text

Hashem_Yaazor  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wow so like AZ.?
I know AZ you can use your tax money to pay for yeshivas.

No

This is a tax credit that goes into a big pool that then distributes scholarships based on need.

amother
  Latte

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:27 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
It clearly says 5B
https://www.congress.gov/bill/...../text

Not sure where you see it. I’be only seen 1b to be distributed amongst the states.

Hashem_Yaazor  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:38 pm
amother Latte wrote:
Not sure where you see it. I’be only seen 1b to be distributed amongst the states.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:41 pm
I don't understand. can you explain like I'm 5?

Hashem_Yaazor  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:54 pm
If this passes, you'd get a federal tax credit for donating to a scholarship fund up to a certain amount.

The scholarship fund will then help people get money to be used for educating their kids.

You may or may not benefit from the scholarship even if you donate but it'll definitely help Klal Yisroel and it won't hurt you.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Today at 7:50 am
Just read more details in this mishpacha article: https://mishpacha.com/national.....rdle/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics