Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
New Jersey schools close to Monsey
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:28 am
Hi. Im looking for a school that is In New Jersey. That monsey ppl travel. For kindergarten. Local Monsey schools don't except because for the modern we are too frum, and for the frum we are too modern.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:30 am
Ateres might work. Have you looked into that? Very warm school.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:31 am
It's very modern. Technology at very young age. Mini skirts. Smartphones..etc.

melalyse

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:41 am
Breuers in Washington Heights has a Chevra from Monsey.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:43 am
amother OP wrote:
It's very modern. Technology at very young age. Mini skirts. Smartphones..etc.

I’ve heard they’re accepting people with higher standards these days. And that most of what you’re referring to is just relegated to the high school which you don’t have to continue into from the elementary school. Maybe look into it more? I can’t confirm what I’m saying from firsthand experience but I’ve heard it from people.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:43 am
Yes, I want to hear about bruers. Are there kindergarten kids traveling every day? Which type of people send there? Why aren't they sending in Monsey local school?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:46 am
I looked Into ateres. It is modern. We don't share values. In the 6th grade the kids get pho es etc.. the little kids feel and know exactly what there being taught. .....

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:46 am
What about YBH in Passaic?

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:48 am
Why not prospect or bais yaakov of pomona?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:48 am
Whats ybh?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:49 am
Prospect and bais yakov of pomona are too modern.... families are open to technology, Into styles...

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:58 am
amother OP wrote:
Prospect and bais yakov of pomona are too modern.... families are open to technology, Into styles...

You sound quite frum to me! You’re sure the regular BY schools in monsey are not an option?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:00 am
They are !! But I come from a chassidish background. For the chassidish schools there's no option because I drive... the few schools that are an option are open to technology, brand name clothing, not much learning.. and it's by learning that keeps you close with God. So?????

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:02 am
And the bais yakov schools parent body HATE when chassidish background ppl come to there schools... ahavas yisrol...

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:04 am
amother OP wrote:
They are !! But I come from a chassidish background. For the chassidish schools there's no option because I drive... the few schools that are an option are open to technology, brand name clothing, not much learning.. and it's by learning that keeps you close with God. So?????

Ybh is not for you then at all. It’s similar to YU type

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:06 am
I am so broken and lost !!

cbsp

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:06 am
There are a fair amount of students in Yeshiva Ktana of Passaic from Monsey (boys and girls divisions). Many of the Moros and Rebbeim come from Monsey (and Skver!) as well... Not a chassidish school by any means but might be more in line with your hashkafos.

There's also the Cheder in Clifton. Solid frum school, much smaller than YKP.

YBH is Yeshiva Beis Hillel of Passaic. A nice frum school but they might be more open to technology than you're comfortable with.

Peersupport

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:10 am
Is Yeshiva of Spring Valley an option?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:12 am
Ysv is pretty tech.. and branding. ... very big mix though..

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:12 am
amother OP wrote:

I was thinking you are probably chasidish because schools really discriminate against chasidim. I am so, so sorry! I have relatives in the same situation. Monsey schools are vicious to people like you.

I’ve heard of Bnos binah I think where they’re chasidish and accept women who drive.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics