Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I have anorexia AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 7:17 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
What do you think of fat people? Do you think we’re pigs… have low self control etc?

Some ppl have it genetically. Someone in my school had it genetically and unfortunately passed away at 20.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 8:18 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
Some ppl have it genetically. Someone in my school had it genetically and unfortunately passed away at 20.

What do you mean by genetically?

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 8:23 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
What do you mean by genetically?

One of her parents or both not sure.
And all of her siblings. It makes it impossible for them to loose weight no matter how hard they try. (Maybe a surgery would work for them but again that’s the docs decision as it probably won’t work.)

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 8:28 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
One of her parents or both not sure.
And all of her siblings. It makes it impossible for them to loose weight no matter how hard they try. (Maybe a surgery would work for them but again that’s the docs decision as it probably won’t work.)

What caused her to pass away so young?

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 8:29 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
What caused her to pass away so young?

The illness from being very overweight.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 8:35 pm
Most overweight people are genetically predisposed to it. Bodies do come in all shapes…
I’m asking how someone with anorexia views overweight people.

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 11:55 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
It's been a long time since the last post here, but what can I do, I just read it now!

OP, Blushpink, and all others with anorexia who are "too far gone":
I am so so thankful to Hashem that He took me out of anorexia. I felt like I was so out of control, because I couldn't control myself enough to eat the way I knew that I should. And the one controlling me was...myself!
And after almost killing myself to get thin, guess what - I still wasn't happy! It's very painful.

Thank you for your willingness to be open and honest. You described yourself so clearly and eloquently. In some ways, I understood parts of myself better by reading your posts.

Your apathy is heartbreaking. Makes me want to scream!
Nothing is ever too late. 20 years is not forever.

Hashem gave you a very big challenge.
Don't give up! Fight!!!! Get help!

I’m amother blushpink,
If only someone can give me prope guidance. I have no energy left to even do the necessary research. My life is way to busy as it is……

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 11:58 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
Most overweight people are genetically predisposed to it. Bodies do come in all shapes…
I’m asking how someone with anorexia views overweight people.

I’m not original poster but I have never judged a person by their weight. It is all about my own weight.

PrairieFairy

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 12:08 am
amother Blushpink wrote:
I’m amother blushpink,
If only someone can give me prope guidance. I have no energy left to even do the necessary research. My life is way to busy as it is……

I recovered from anorexia (and bulimia and compulsive exercising). It took me years to figure out a way out, but once I found a way that logically made sense to me AND the eating disorder (the ED brain has to trust it to even be willing to try it)...I got out.

Life is amazing. My relationship with my food and body is great. I help people with this as well and it's a refreshing and different approach (so easier for the ED brain to be willing).

I am MORE than happy to share some things with you! You can PM me. There's another way! I've definitely been in that space of just being exhausted and overwhelmed from everything and not being able to even consider recovery but also feeling trapped.

It's a difficult place to be. Sending hugs and a reminder that you're worthy of an abundant life!
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics