Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Wedding thank you cards-to keep or not ?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 2:27 pm
Hi! Haven't posted to imamother in a while... I've recently gotten into the decluttering mode. I've found three boxes of old thank you cards and envelopes that I don't know what to do with! They are blank cards where on the front it says me and my husband's names in fancy letters and another it just says our first names...

The envelopes are for sure useful but the actual cards I can't think of anytime I would use them? Like if we are tipping someone I don't know if I would use them just feels odd... Better to do a fun one. And any kids ones wouldn't be from us only? More our family. What to do? Thanks !

happy7

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 2:29 pm
we get cards from people with their names on it. I would hold on to them and use them

mommyhood

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 2:32 pm
I always use them for tips, Rebbeim, Morahs, camp counselor. I also use it when I give a bar mitzvah or wedding gift not with the response card or if I’m sending soemthing to a shalom Zachor or kiddush so they know who it’s from.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 2:32 pm
happy7 wrote:
we get cards from people with their names on it. I would hold on to them and use them

Thanks in what situation would you get those cards ? Just curious

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 2:44 pm
we use ours when go go to simchas and give gifts. why pay for other cards when you have these ?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 2:46 pm
amother Birch wrote:
we use ours when go go to simchas and give gifts. why pay for other cards when you have these ?

Right it's true! I feel like I always give through registries these days... But bezh when I'm older I'm sure it will be more checks... Thanks !

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 2:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
Right it's true! I feel like I always give through registries these days... But bezh when I'm older I'm sure it will be more checks... Thanks !

I give a lot of registries too but there’s an odd usherin or bris or tipping the bus driver at the end of the year. these cards are perfect for these things

zaq

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 3:40 pm
They're called "informals" and can be used for a multiplicity of purposes from thanking the family who let you stay in their apartment when you came for your nephew's bar mitzvah, to thank you gifts for your kids' teachers and rebbeim, to notes of appreciation to your dentist and eye doctor.

mushkamothers

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 3:50 pm
I use them for letters to teachers at the end of the year, it's perfect

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 4:20 pm
Ive gotten from quite a few students
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics