Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I am Satmar Chassidish AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  15  16  17

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 3:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
This is a very interesting conversation and I appreciate you bringing this up. Like I said upthread I didn't grow up with this and it's something that my husband does. The background information is really interesting especially because I never knew a source for it.

We hold the same.
We light till shkiah and men still do melacha later if needed.
We are muifes to shabbos with a later motzei

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 4:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
I meant each others as in all yidden. We are all family no matter what we look like.

Yes 100%! That what I clearly saw!

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 6:45 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Chabad is most into the rebbe. And connected.

I could argue that the "mendelist" branch of Vishnitz is more into their Rebbe.

But, at the end of the day, being "into" a person is a personality type. Either you are like that or not. In any chassidus.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 6:47 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
I could argue that the "mendelist" branch of Vishnitz is more into their Rebbe.

But, at the end of the day, being "into" a person is a personality type. Either you are like that or not. In any chassidus.

Skverers are more

ChassidishMommy

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 7:11 pm
Someone once pointed out to me that the Russian/Ukranian Chassidusen - Lubavitch, Skver and Breslov - tend to "worship" their Rebbes.
When you think of the Russian mentality, it kinda makes sense Smile

amother
Thistle

Post Yesterday at 9:54 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Very telling how this thread exploded. Let me just say this. Unlike other chassidusen who are more homogeneous, Satmar is like autism in that if you met one Satmar person you’ve met one Satmar person.
It’s a huge spectrum. It encompasses every type you can think of. Satmar people generally don’t bring the rebbe or chassidus into every life decision, it’s more of a culture and tribe than anything else. Which means there is a very big variety.
So when you ask a question, keep that in mind, unless you insist on being narrow-minded that is

I look at it that being Satmar is like being chasidish, yeshivish, or sefardi. It’s a spectrum not a specific type.

Similar to lubavitch or Breslov in the sense that while everyone who considers themselves part of the chassidus follows the original rebbe for the most part, but still has their own morah derech. (Vs other chassidisen who are more in touch with the current rebbe. There is a percentage who closely follows either of the current rebbes but it’s quite a small percentage from what I’ve seen)

chestnut

Post Yesterday at 9:56 pm
ChassidishMommy wrote:
Someone once pointed out to me that the Russian/Ukranian Chassidusen - Lubavitch, Skver and Breslov - tend to "worship" their Rebbes.
When you think of the Russian mentality, it kinda makes sense Smile

Do you think Austro-Hungarian, Polish, or Hungarian mentalities about their kings were any different?
Page 17 of 17   Previous  1  2  3  15  16  17 Recent Topics