Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Is Amazon purposely deterring returns now?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:49 am
amother DarkPurple wrote:
customer service to use the ups drop off- they work with you…

I actualy got a supervisor and they said, I MUST bring it to a UPS store. Imagine, a pair of shoes that doesnt fit.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 12:02 pm
Call again you might get another resolution

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 12:10 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
Call again you might get another resolution

I did. They said it depends on the seller. For this seller they cant generate a printable labrel and Ive got to travel over a mile to a UPS store.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 12:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
I did. They said it depends on the seller. For this seller they cant generate a printable labrel and Ive got to travel over a mile to a UPS store.

Omg so sorry 😞

Amarante

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 12:32 pm
Amazon has tightened up returns because the cost of returns has increased and it is very expensive to process returns as there are costs beyond actual returning shipping.

They still have ways to return for free but if returning to one of the physical hubs is difficult then read the return policy carefully.

Also - based on what I have read - Amazon also uses an algorithm so if your history of returns appears excessive compared to other shoppers, then you might be tagged in terms in terms free options offered.

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 12:44 pm
Amarante wrote:
Amazon has tightened up returns because the cost of returns has increased and it is very expensive to process returns as there are costs beyond actual returning shipping.

They still have ways to return for free but if returning to one of the physical hubs is difficult then read the return policy carefully.

Also - based on what I have read - Amazon also uses an algorithm so if your history of returns appears excessive compared to other shoppers, then you might be tagged in terms in terms free options offered.

Yes but they should stop saying "free returns" when they really mean "free returns in the UPS store or Whole Foods." They should start listing where returns are free and where they aren't, on the product page.

yiddishmom

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 12:48 pm
Of course they are cracking down.

They built up an empire, got almost the entireb (USA) population to use them as default, and now it'll be difficult for all of us to stop using them.

But it's okay. Their customer service will start sucking more and more, and eventually, someone else will make it big and swallow them up.

That's how the world works. K'galgal hachozer.

agarf

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 1:02 pm
If you contact customer service and say you really did return everything, they will refund you. I’ve done it multiple times for same issue and it was no problem.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 1:11 pm
They are very annoying lately. We are always shlepping to staples to return stuff for Amazon.

Also we have Prime and I find the stuff still takes way longer to come.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 1:11 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
Yes but they should stop saying "free returns" when they really mean "free returns in the UPS store or Whole Foods." They should start listing where returns are free and where they aren't, on the product page.

It is free 🤷‍♀️ and most places don’t have any way to return for free.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 2:32 pm
Yes, I'm annoyed about the returns too.

Layokee

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 4:29 pm
yiddishmom wrote:

They built up an empire, got almost the entireb (USA) population to use them as default, and now it'll be difficult for all of us to stop using them.

But it's okay. Their customer service will start sucking more and more, and eventually, someone else will make it big and swallow them up.

I started ordering from Walmart and target as a result

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 6:12 pm
if I returned something and get that email later, I go on chat and tell them that I returned it. I have never had a problem after that point.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:26 pm
Amarante wrote:

Theres no way to know in advance. This item said "Free Returns". Its only when you go to your orders and see return options you know if this sellers returns generate a return label.

Amarante wrote:

Incorrect in this case.

This is the pair of shoes, and it says "Free Returns".

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R.....tails

Would you have known that this seller's items dont generate a printed return label?

Amazon Supervisor says return policy specifics totally depend on the seller. The seller decides.

I do return a lot, but I place orders all the time.

paperflowers

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:47 pm
I wish instead of just saying free returns it gave a list of the return options that will be available. I used to just print the free return label, package the item up, and bring it to a local shipping place. Now they won't allow that, but I can often return to the staples that isn't too far, but not always. The other options I either need to pay for or are quite far.

A recent annoying example: I ordered a water bottle that leaked so I asked for a free replacement, and I needed to send back the original. The replacement leaked too so I wanted to return both, but they had different return options!

There was something recently that I wanted to return to staples and it wasn't an option so customer service refunded the money and said I didn't need to return it.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
Incorrect in this case.

This is the pair of shoes, and it says "Free Returns".

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R.....tails

Would you have known that this seller's items dont generate a printed return label?

Amazon Supervisor says return policy specifics totally depend on the seller. The seller decides.

I do return a lot, but I place orders all the time.

There is a drop down menu which clearly states there is at least one free return method.

There is a free return method but it isn’t the ine you prefer unless I am misunderstanding the situation and there is no free return method 🤷‍♀️

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:39 pm
yiddishmom wrote:

No lies detected

I really ought to switch to Walmart but I find Amazon so much more convenient!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:47 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:

+8,197,644,672

YESSSSS!

devo1982

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 10:54 pm
Yes, I do think returns have gotten more complicated, and it seems if it's a "big ticket" item or an electronic product, then they've required it be returned to UPS instead of Whole Foods (my preference). Both times I've had to return items to UPS, it's taken AGES for it to arrive at its destination. It's maddening. And that's handed in at the store, directly to a UPS employee. Who knows how often they're checking the drop boxes.

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:12 am
I found that sometimes that day there are no local options but the next day there were. So I used to return always to the local staples store- no label needed. It wasn't available the next time. I waited a day and it was back available. I assume too many people chose Staples so it wasn't available (maybe their box would be too full? Worried too busy?).

So try waiting a day.
My issue is that they are trying to get us to use the Amazon store (not whole foods). It is super far and inconvenient. But I found that there is usually another option.

I have found whole foods to be super easy. Slightly longer than staples from my work but better parking. They have a table at mine set up just for Amazon returns. No label and almost zero wait.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics