Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Is Amazon purposely deterring returns now?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 10:29 am
Is Amazon purposely deterring returns now by arranging that returns have to be brought to a UPS store that can be miles away from where you live?

In the past year, three times after returning items to Amazon with a printable label, that showed the item was returned and received by Amazon, I got emails from Amazon saying I need to return items by such and such date, in order to not be charged for the item. But I returned the item weeks ago!!!!, and luckily the tracking proved it, so I called Amazon customer service and it was a hassle, but I wasnt charged.

Lately Amazon isnt offering printable labels on all returns, so if I return an item to a UPS store, (thats very out of the way, the UPS drop off that I was able to use with the printable label, was right near my home), I will undoubtedly be told I didnt return an item, and I will be charged despite returning the item.

How do I have a permanent record, to prove I returned something to a UPS store without return label tracking that clearly shows Amazon receipt of the item?

Is this a new "shtick" by Amazon to be able to charge the customer for returned items?

tia

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 10:31 am
amother OP wrote:
In the past year, three times after returning items to Amazon with a printable tlabel, that showed the item was returned and received by Amazon, I got emails from Amazon saying I need to return items by such and such date, in order to not be charged for the item. But I returned the item weeks ago!!!!, and luckily the tracking proved it, so I called Amazon customer service and it was a hassle but I wasnt charged.

Lately Amazon isnt offering printable labels on all returns, so if I return an item to a UPS store, (thats very out of the way, the UPS drop off that I was able to use with the printable label, was right near my home), I will undoubtedly be told I didnt return an item, and I will be charged despite returning the item.

How do I have a permanent record, to prove I returned something to a UPS store without return label tracking, showing Amazon receipt of the item?

When you go to ups store and give in your item you should be getting tracking number from them.

mommyhood

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 10:42 am
Are you waiting for them to scan your item at the store and get a receipt?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:02 am
mommyhood wrote:
Are you waiting for them to scan your item at the store and get a receipt?

Ive never gone to a UPS store. I used to use a drop off place right near my home.

Is Amazon now purposely deterring returns, by forcing people to bring returns to a UPS store that can be miles away from where you live?

anonymous mom

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:04 am
No they are not. You can choose your return method. UPS drop-off is most convenient for me so I go that route.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:05 am
I think so. They also no longer pay for return shipping unless there was an actual problem with the product

mha3484

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:06 am
I assume this is regional because I have not gone into a UPS store in ages. I use the amazon hub and returns are a breeze and never had to print a receipt either.

nursemomma

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:08 am
FYI I think it depends on what you choose for the return reason. Certain ones they don’t give you the option to drop off with pre-printed label.
If that happens, just go back and select a different reason before you finalize the return.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:11 am
Amazon has become more annoying with returns overall.
I shop Amazon because of their return policy, I'm not sure how much longer I will though.

lucky322

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:15 am
I don't think so. I'm a "frequent flyer" on Amazon and have Prime.

they usually have multiple options for returns. it depends on several factors:
▪️is it a prime product, with free returns. if it's not prime but free returns, it's a different category
▪️who is the seller
▪️where was it shipped from, etc

I suggest you contact Amazon customer service. they really are great.

I had a similar situation, I usually return my purchases with code at Whole Foods or Kohls etc. one time that wasn't an option and I had to box and print label. I contacted customer service and asked for assistance because I didn't have a printer at the time. BH they were able to help. I don't remember the solution.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:29 am
Any item shipped with ups will have a tracking number, no? Even if you didn't ship it with Amazon's label. Write down the tracking number of your package so you have proof if needed.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:31 am
anonymous mom wrote:
No they are not. You can choose your return method. UPS drop-off is most convenient for me so I go that route.

That worked for me TOO until today!

If I called Amazon when the return didnt generate a UPS laberl, they generated one and emailed it to me.

Today a Supervisor said SOME returns can only be returned to aUPS store (miles away). This never happened before.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:32 am
amother Silver wrote:
Any item shipped with ups will have a tracking number, no? Even if you didn't ship it with Amazon's label. Write down the tracking number of your package so you have proof if needed.

Just now I have to go miles to a UPS store instead of dropping it off at any mailing center.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:32 am
Yes returns have gotten much more difficult. I feel like they roped in the customers and are now not supplying the service that got them interested in the first place. I try to only buy items I know I won’t return. When I could print a free label and give to my ups carrier or drop off in a box (like Zappos) I was much more likely to buy something I wasn’t sure of. Their loss.

amother
Melon

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:33 am
It is well known that Amazon is cracking down on returns these days. That said, they're still pretty good with clothes (where they expect stuff you order might not fit) and genuinely defective items. Then it's not such a hassle. But the days of buy now, decide whether I'm keeping later are over.

safetynet1

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:33 am
Walmart is much easier with returns. Their customer service in general is much better

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:35 am
lucky322 wrote:
I don't think so. I'm a "frequent flyer" on Amazon and have Prime.

they usually have multiple options for returns. it depends on several factors:
▪️is it a prime product, with free returns. if it's not prime but free returns, it's a different category
▪️who is the seller
▪️where was it shipped from, etc

I suggest you contact Amazon customer service. they really are great.

Im an Amazon Prime customer too. They were great UNTIL TODAY. They werent great today. For a shoe I ordered that didnt fit right and was flimsily made, theyre insisting I return to a UPS store miles away.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:35 am
safetynet1 wrote:
Walmart is much easier with returns. Their customer service in general is much better

Their selection doesnt come close to Amazon though.

And I think Walmart returns dont generate a return label, that I can take to any mailing center like Mr Mailman in BP, Brooklyn, so Id have to make a trip far from my home.

amother Melon wrote:
It is well known that Amazon is cracking down on returns these days. That said, they're still pretty good with clothes (where they expect stuff you order might not fit) and genuinely defective items. Then it's not such a hassle. But the days of buy now, decide whether I'm keeping later are over.

This was shoes that dont fit.

safetynet1

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:39 am
amother OP wrote:
Their selection doesnt come close to Amazon though.

And I think Walmart returns dont generate a return label, that I can take to any mailing center like Mr Mailman IN BP, Brooklyn, so Id have to make a trip far from my home.

They did pickup for my returns.

In regards to their selection; They definitely don't have what Amazon does but lots of items are cheaper on Walmart

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:39 am
customer service to use the ups drop off- they work with you…
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics