Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
Crunchy moms- what baby formula have you used?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 10:18 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
I am currently using hipp dutch formula from Europe. It's extremely clean and very well tolerated by my colicky baby.

I was about to order.looks great. Just trying to find out if it has any form of kosher certification?

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 10:22 pm
If the hospital you are giving birth is in NY chances are they give parents a few c”y formulas when you get discharged. You can ask friends or family who birthed in that hospital to be sure.
If you want to be proactive while pregnant do your research now on a good lactation consultants so you won’t have to scramble to find one postpartum. After you give birth see if you can nurse your baby. If you are having issues try to hospital lactation consultant and if they are u helpful then see the private lactation consultant you found while researching.
If nursing doesn’t work out you’ll have formula from hospital for a day or two until you can decide what to give your baby, but you’ll probably be happy with the brand hospital gave you and order more of that.

amother
Chestnut  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 10:37 pm
Crunchy moms would not resort to formula before even giving birth. Actually not being able to nurse is an extreme rarity, although it most definitely can be a learning curve. Introducing formula early on will negatively impact milk supply.

That being said, when 2 of my babies were not eating / gaining properly (by one I was expecting and the other had very low oral muscle tone) I gave materna. Perhaps not the healthiest but CY is very important to me.

I know moms who are more ambitious who make their own goat milk formula, adding the necessary nutrients such as folic acid etc. Needs to be raw goat milk.

And there's pumping, of course. Make sure to get the correct flange size.

amother
  Pansy  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 10:43 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
Crunchy moms would not resort to formula before even giving birth. Actually not being able to nurse is an extreme rarity, although it most definitely can be a learning curve. Introducing formula early on will negatively impact milk supply.

That being said, when 2 of my babies were not eating / gaining properly (by one I was expecting and the other had very low oral muscle tone) I gave materna. Perhaps not the healthiest but CY is very important to me.

I know moms who are more ambitious who make their own goat milk formula, adding the necessary nutrients such as folic acid etc. Needs to be raw goat milk.

Insufficient milk supply is more common than you think. But less common than most people think. It's uncommon but by no means extremely so.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 11:11 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:

I do have a unique situation and did not share details here. My question was not how fast they resort to formula but what formula they use. Crunchy moms don't judge either, I believe. I have successfully fully breastfed quite a few babies bh, but my current situation calls for this research.

amother
  Chestnut

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 11:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
I do have a unique situation and did not share details here. My question was not how fast they resort to formula but what formula they use. Crunchy moms don't judge either, I believe. I have successfully fully breastfed quite a few babies bh, but my current situation calls for this research.

My apologies if I came across as judgemental. I do wish you hatzlacha on the journey ahead.
All the real 'crunchy' moms I know don't give formula besides that homemade raw goats milk concoction. Or they move heaven and earth finding donors' breast milk with the right dietary/ kosher/ non-vaxxed qualifications.
Not for the faint of heart.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 8:57 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Are you really comparing us to cows? Cows have diseases that humans don’t have. We have the antibodies our babies need… not to mention they get our milk straight from the breast. Cmon

That was a joke. Hence the winky-face.

amother
  Pansy

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:37 pm
amother OP wrote:

Look, even the head of the freebirth society, who's as crunchy as they come, admits to using formula with one of her children. Everyone needs to do their best with what they can. We live in a toxic world and we just do our best to give our kids the healthiest we can.

small bean

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 10:19 pm
Maybe share your situation a bit and some of us who have been there can help
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding