Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby Carrier
Previous  1  2

michimochi  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 2:50 am
I have the Ergobaby Embrace, but I also use a Baby K'tan which my baby likes just as much and is just as comfortable for me. Also very easy to put on. On their website they have clearance styles for $25. New they're $55 I think. Not sure the price in Israel but I highly recommend this carrier!

michimochi  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 3:10 am
michimochi wrote:
I have the Ergobaby Embrace, but I also use a Baby K'tan which my baby likes just as much and is just as comfortable for me. Also very easy to put on. On their website they have clearance styles for $25. New they're $55 I think. Not sure the price in Israel but I highly recommend this carrier!

Found Baby K'tan on Amazon, did a test cart and looks like they do free shipping even to Israel!

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 3:21 am
About babies screaming in carriers: The best tip I got was that the first time you put baby in a carrier, you immediately go on a long walk. They need to get used to it and while walking is the most comfortable and effective way for them to do that.

Once they are used to the carrier you can keep them in it while doing less active things like housework, cooking, etc. But many babies (all of mine) screamed the first time I put them in.

learning1

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 5:03 am
Baby K'tan, hands down. I tried a few and this one was easy, comfortable, and can be worn in various ways. You can get a lot of use at home, if you don't want to wear it outside Smile it's still worth it. As far as I remember, you can't get it in Israel, maybe try through amazon.

amother
White

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:12 am
OP I am in almost the same boat, in israel - and I am iyH getting both of the ones that people are recomending here!! For my first I had something different which was okay but it was borrowed and not available this time around. So I did a bunch of research and it really sounds like the embrace and baby ktan are amazing options. I really wanted both because I liked the cozy, super simple and comfy style of the ktan but also really wanted something that would be more of a proper carrier for out of the house that buckled on and off. If you're choosing one, the ktan is def cheaper but not quite as supportive because it's like a wrap, just pre-wrapped. The emrace will probably be comfortable for longer. I found them both for about half price (of the american price!), barely used, from the US. Do you have anybody coming in to visit/help you from the US when you give birth that could possible bring it for you? That's how I will get mine iyH.

I also looked on yad2 but didn't find that much in a condition + price that I was happy with, and am similarly not on facebook. There's a lot more on american websites like goodbuygear and mercari. maybe ebay too but I didn't look there so much.

If you like the idea of the ktan and want to get it here, there is also loopix which is an israeli product that's basically the same thing.

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 10:38 am
For the Israelis who can't buy a good carrier here/too expensive:
https://newcomersguide.co.il/2.....p=255
https://newcomersguide.co.il/2.....p=253
baby ktan is available on amazon for $50 with free shipping
I tried babybjorn, which buckles up, before I tried the ktan, the latter was more comfortable and supportive.

tichellady

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 12:01 pm
Everyone is different but ktan didn’t work well for me. I prefer something more structured with more back support and head support for newborns

amother
  DarkKhaki

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 12:12 pm
The embrace really helps so your back doesn’t hurt which it did for me with other carriers

honey36

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:07 pm
Hope its ok I'm bumping this up again. Im also looking to get a good baby carrier. Couple questions:

1. Until what age did your baby use the ergo embrace? Mines already 4 months and she's average size, should I just get the 360 instead?

2. I have more neck/shoulder/upper back pain when carrying. Would prefer most of the weight to be on my mid-lower back. Is this true for the ergo?

cookier

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 1:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks all for your suggestions and sharing your views. It's very helpful to hear all this.

Maybe it's just my neighborhood, but I hardly see anyone wearing baby carriers around here. Not that I care, I'd do it anyway. But I don't really know anyone I can borrow from. Facebook is blocked by my filter so that's not an option.

Do you usually use the baby carrier right away with a newborn? If yes then I need to decide soon because shipping can take a while. If no, then I have more time to decide.

Obviously the carrier only works if you use it, so it's got to be comfortable for Mom. But if baby isn't going to use it (like our previous one - he just screamed every time we tried putting him into it), then it won't be used either.

Most newborns loooove being worn, so people who baby wear often start right away. But, it depends on which carrier you pick and how big your babies are. Most soft structured carriers should only be used once baby is 7 lbs. Ring slings, stretch wraps, and woven wraps can be used smaller, though babies less than 6lbs generally should not be worn.

michimochi  

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 2:09 pm
honey36 wrote:
Hope its ok I'm bumping this up again. Im also looking to get a good baby carrier. Couple questions:

1. Until what age did your baby use the ergo embrace? Mines already 4 months and she's average size, should I just get the 360 instead?

2. I have more neck/shoulder/upper back pain when carrying. Would prefer most of the weight to be on my mid-lower back. Is this true for the ergo?

1. My baby's almost 11mo (and the size of an 18mo old) and the Embrace still works for us. It still feels sturdy and comfortable.

2. The Ergobaby Embrace has a waist belt and criss-crossed back straps, and when you stretch the straps over the shouler as suggested the weight is really well distributed. I will say that in that respect, probaby due to the structuredness, it is a little better than the Baby K'tan.

amother
  Iris

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 5:23 pm
OP I really think you should just invest the money and take the risk. It’s so much easier if you can put them in the carrier and walk around with them like that.
I’m wearing my baby right now. Have been wearing her since she was 2 weeks old (original ergo with the infant insert).

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 12:05 pm
michimochi wrote:
1. My baby's almost 11mo (and the size of an 18mo old) and the Embrace still works for us. It still feels sturdy and comfortable.

2. The Ergobaby Embrace has a waist belt and criss-crossed back straps, and when you stretch the straps over the shouler as suggested the weight is really well distributed. I will say that in that respect, probaby due to the structuredness, it is a little better than the Baby K'tan.

Bumping this. Until what age/weight does ergobaby embrace work? My baby is 2 months and 11 lbs for reference

michimochi

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:17 am
amother Puce wrote:
Bumping this. Until what age/weight does ergobaby embrace work? My baby is 2 months and 11 lbs for reference

Oh shoot. I'm glad you asked this - I looked up what the company says the weight limit is for the Embrace: 25lb. I say oh shoot because my baby is about 24lb and I just now learned I should find a new carrier LOL

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:25 am
Question about Ergobaby that everyone’s recommending, did you all use right away once baby was born? Says it’s from 7 pounds up, my babies are always smaller. Does anyonr use for smaller?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics