Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
NEW Update: Yochanan Meir ben Shira Yisraela
  Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 12  13  14  Next

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 2:34 am
Aww thank you all for the kind words šŸ’—

And amen!!

I keep hoping (unrealistically) he will be home by Chanukah this year but thatā€™s about as likely as me getting a free trip to Eā€Y for this Chanukah. šŸ¤Ŗ

Kislev is a time for nissim though, so nothing is impossible!

amother
  Bergamot  

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 6:55 pm
continuing to daven for you and your family OP. May Hashem send Chanukah miracles to you!

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 7:03 pm
Hi ladies, a freilichen, lichtigen Chanukah!

BH our baby is continuing to make progress, he has been moved to the step-down unit of the NICU, and they are slowly weaning his medications and seeing how he responds. Still no update on when he will be likely be ready to be released from the hospital or have his bris, please keep davening. Thank you so muchšŸ’•

TranquilityAndPeace  

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 10:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi ladies, a freilichen, lichtigen Chanukah!

BH our baby is continuing to make progress, he has been moved to the step-down unit of the NICU, and they are slowly weaning his medications and seeing how he responds. Still no update on when he will be likely be ready to be released from the hospital or have his bris, please keep davening. Thank you so muchšŸ’•

Weā€™re davening for your cutie!

My MIL asks me for updates regularly, thank you for posting!

May HaShem grant him a Refuah shelaimah quickly!!!!

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 2:49 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Weā€™re davening for your cutie!

My MIL asks me for updates regularly, thank you for posting!

May HaShem grant him a Refuah shelaimah quickly!!!!

Amen amen!!

amother
  Chambray  

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 3:21 pm
Wonderful news! Canā€™t wait for the day you get to bring him home/give him a bris!

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 5:19 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
Wonderful news! Canā€™t wait for the day you get to bring him home/give him a bris!

Amen amen! We are hoping he will be cleared for a bris in the next month or so bezHā€”hopefully sooner!

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 4:58 am
Happy update, BH my baby is off oxygen and breathing on his own!! He will likely still be in the hospital for a while, but he is making great progress. Please keep davening! Thank you so much!

top mom

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 5:04 am
Baruch Hashem!
I'm grateful for the positive update!
I'm davening for him, may he continue getting better every day Smile

cbsp  

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 5:11 am
amother OP wrote:
Happy update, BH my baby is off oxygen and breathing on his own!! He will likely still be in the hospital for a while, but he is making great progress. Please keep davening! Thank you so much!

Chasdei Hashem, such wonderful news! We'll keep davening

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 7:32 am
Hi ladies,

BH ā€œLittle Birdieā€ šŸ£ has reached a target weight of 3 kg (6 lbs 10.5 oz for those of us who think in lbs, like me šŸ™ƒ)! The hospital team is a little bit short staffed because of the non-Jewish holidays around this time of year but we are hoping he will be able to have a procedure next week, and then depending on how he reacts to weaning the medications, we will hopefully be able to start discussing how soon he can come home. There is a chance he may need to come home with a feeding tube, so in the meantime we are really trying to help him build his oral muscles and develop skills for nursing and taking a bottle.

I just want him home already and for him to get his bris and name. BH he was able to get Medicaid insurance with ā€œBoyā€ as his name in the system, but I want to be able to get him his birth certificate and Social Security number already as well.

Itā€™s been almost 10 weeks since he was bornā€¦Hashem please let him be healthy enough to come home very soon!!!! And meet his older sibling finally.

(DH and I not having to go to and from the hospital every day would be nice too.)

Please keep davening, thank you so much. šŸ„šŸ’•

amother
Amethyst  

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 7:37 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi ladies,

BH ā€œLittle Birdieā€ šŸ£ has reached a target weight of 3 kg (6 lbs 10.5 oz for those of us who think in lbs, like me šŸ™ƒ)! The hospital team is a little bit short staffed because of the non-Jewish holidays around this time of year but we are hoping he will be able to have a procedure next week, and then depending on how he reacts to weaning the medications, we will hopefully be able to start discussing how soon he can come home. There is a chance he may need to come home with a feeding tube, so in the meantime we are really trying to help him build his oral muscles and develop skills for nursing and taking a bottle.

I just want him home already and for him to get his bris and name. BH he was able to get Medicaid insurance with ā€œBoyā€ as his name in the system, but I want to be able to get him his birth certificate and Social Security number already as well.

Itā€™s been almost 10 weeks since he was bornā€¦Hashem please let him be healthy enough to come home very soon!!!! And meet his older sibling finally.

(DH and I not having to go to and from the hospital every day would be nice too.)

Thanks for the update! Hoping he keeps progressing.

dena613

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 7:38 am
OP, you are amazing!
May Hashem shower you with simcha, brius, menuchas hanefesh... For you and your family and especially for your little baby!
May he come home healthy and safe soon!!!

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 7:46 am
dena613 wrote:
OP, you are amazing!
May Hashem shower you with simcha, brius, menuchas hanefesh... For you and your family and especially for your little baby!
May he come home healthy and safe soon!!!

Amen amen amen!! Kein yehi ratzon!

amother
  Birch  

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 10:21 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi ladies,

Thanks for updating, happy to hear heā€™s doing well. May the procedure be successful and he be home real soon in his familyā€™s loving embrace.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 1:29 pm
Update, Little Birdie has a virus of some kind (possibly from whatever germs we got from our toddler bringing home germs from playgroup) and is back on some oxygen support (nasal cannula). Please continue davening. Thank you!

amother
  Bergamot  

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 1:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
Update, Little Birdie has a virus of some kind (possibly from whatever germs we got from our toddler bringing home germs from playgroup) and is back on some oxygen support (nasal cannula). Please continue davening. Thank you!

continuing to daven OP, was thinking of you and davening for your precious Tinok ben Shira Yisraela when lighting candles friday night. Hoping for good news!

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 1:38 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
continuing to daven OP, was thinking of you and davening for your precious Tinok ben Shira Yisraela when lighting candles friday night. Hoping for good news!

Amen amen, thank you šŸ’—

11 weeks and countingā€¦

Think good

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 1:50 pm
Davening for your little one and hoping for good news!

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:22 am
Hi all, another update, BH Little Birdie tested negative for Covid, adenovirus, RSV, and several other viruses. He tested positive for rhinovirus also known as the common cold. We are hoping that this will be just a minor setback on his journey, but in the meantime, he does need extra oxygen. They have increased his oxygen to 30% with 2 L. (Iā€™m not entirely sure what this means in plain English but I know that it means he needs more support than he needed previously.) His congestion is impacting his ability to eat by mouth. The team is concerned about him being able to get as much nutrition as he needs (he is taking in way less than he should be for his age), which can impact growth, brain development, etc. Please keep davening, thank you.
Page 6 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed