Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Is there any way that I can do my own makeup and still look
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 9:59 am
Good in the professional pictures? Trying to see where I can save and where I can't...

amother
Opal  

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 10:05 am
I have done it and looked great.

It's up to you whether you will be happy with it or not. Or if you have the skills to do it well enough.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 10:21 am
What simcha is this for?

s c

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 10:21 am
Only you know your skill level. If you do your make up to a high standard, then probably. But make up artists have skills to make it last well for many hours. Will you have the calm, uninterrupted time to apply it on the day in the same way you would if you had another person there specifically for you in that designated time. Why not do a trial, take some photos to see If you're happy with how you look and see how long it lasts. Personally, l would look for other ways to cut costs. It's a one off special day and photos are a lasting memory.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 10:27 am
It depends on how skilled you are at makeup. I’m really good at makeup but for a siblings wedding I would have it done professionally because it lasts longer when others do it. But I’ve done my own makeup for close cousins and best friends weddings

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 10:28 am
I'm pretty good at applying my makeup but not sure how long it lasts...I need it to last from 4 pm till 11 or 12. It's not so long..I'll use setting spray of course..I also don't wear major eye makeup which is where u need more skill no? It's so hard to cut costs.

Unigala

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 10:30 am
its not only skill level tbh.

its also the products you use. if you have a good strong foundation, primer, bronzer, contor, blush, eyeshadow, lashes, eyeliner etc

I think a lot of people can do their own makeup very nicely but just might not have the right 'supplies'

ra_mom  

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 11:59 am
For a siblings wedding? You can save costs on that.
But for a child's wedding, and you're the mom, I wouldn't.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Dec 05 2023, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:01 pm
For sons bar mitzva in my home

Chayalle

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:04 pm
I did my makeup myself for DD's Vort, but had it done professionally for her wedding.
I'm not happier with how I look in the wedding pictures, to be honest, though I do look more made-up.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:07 pm
Yes I do my own I apply makeup really well so why not? I don't like heavily done make up and mine comes out really good.

Suggestion is to buy a 24 hour lip stick a lip sealer and a setting spray.

synthy

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:24 pm
I always do my own makeup for siblings weddings. I know my face better than anyone else and I have experience on which products work well for me etc.

I think the main thing that makes a difference between looking good vs. washed out in photos is proper contouring.

amother
Waterlily  

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:29 pm
amother OP wrote:

Oh for sure. I wouldn't get professional makeup for a bar mitzvah. Personally. Im also good at makeup though.

agreer

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:32 pm
amother OP wrote:

Are you having professional pictures?

If yes, and you can afford it, get your makeup done.

If it's just a relative with a camera, then sure, do your own.

Mazel tov.

amother
Stone  

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm pretty good at applying my makeup but not sure how long it lasts...I need it to last from 4 pm till 11 or 12. It's not so long..I'll use setting spray of course..I also don't wear major eye makeup which is where u need more skill no? It's so hard to cut costs.

But do you contour well? That's the most important part of proffessional makeup. Especially if the part that you're nervous about is pictures

boysrus

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:34 pm
Yes. I did my own makeup for my sons bar mitzvah and am so happy I did. Just make sure you can block out a full half hour (or however long you think you need) to do it, in a locked room, with no kids pulling on you or screaming for you Smile

amother
  Opal  

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:34 pm
amother Stone wrote:
But do you contour well? That's the most important part of proffessional makeup. Especially if the part that you're nervous about is pictures

You do not need to do contour. Bronzer, blush highlight is plenty.

amother
  Waterlily

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:36 pm
If you do you own makeup I would make sure to do some contouring/bronzer , use a good primer, good setting powder, and even if you normally don't do eyeshadow at least have some for shadowing or your eyes will get washed out.

amother
  Opal  

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:37 pm
OP can you share what products you have?

I am not a makeup artist but have done my makeup for simchas many times and get tons of compliments (and people asking who did my makeup...). I would be happy to tell you if your products are good and will last, if I am familiar with them.

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:39 pm
You may know how to do your own makeup but for a simcha there are other factors. The most important being: long lasting and pictures. I have seen ppl look great at the actual simcha and horrible in the pictures.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics