Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Do you actually know someone who was vaccine injured?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 22  23  24  Next

Do you actually know someone who was vaccine injured (not a headache, minor seizure, etc.)?
Yes  
 19%  [ 62 ]
No  
 74%  [ 233 ]
Something Else  
 0%  [ 3 ]
Temporarily, but it was addressed and fixed BH  
 4%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 313

amother
  Lilac

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 1:34 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
I’m so sorry for what you’re going through. Forgive me for asking, but my overtired brain is not processing this.... had the tables been turned-and your kid that’s dealing with the issue would be unvaccinated- would he still be better off? Not knowing what the condition is, it might not make a difference, but just curious. In my child with a condition- it would be terrible if they would get measles for example.

I believe there's a strong chance my child would not HAVE the issue if unvaccinated. BH measles is not a danger to the child, but if I were convinced that it was, I would know to tive just the measles vaccines.

Um. excuse me. I would be forced to give the MMR because, yeah, why not put in a bunch of other stuff into the body, each with its own potential side effects, when you can put only one?

And the way RE works, this option is also complicated because it could compromise the entire exemption. Although, there is a strong halachic difference for difference for different circumstances, the state won't recognize that. The way the system is setup is beyond sick.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 3:56 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
When almost SIDS happens to the same kid, one night at six months after getting some shots that day and then again at nine months after getting different shots, you say "SIDS happens to infants"? Or you say, the shots is causing SIDS in this infant. If the mother wouldn't have checked her baby at that moment and seen the baby blue, the baby would have died.

Some babies and toddlers have developmental delays. And some are walking/talking and then stop doing those things after getting shots. Coincidental, huh?

Some kids are NOT autistic. My neice whom I referenced earlier was a normal child. But at age 4, she never got back to herself after that week of being sick after MMR/DTaP. 4 years old is old enough to know what the kid was like and then to see the change. She now zones out easily, lack of focus, in her own world a lot. She was not like this before.

I could have written basically the same thing you wrote here.....except in my case my relative experienced this after having measles which became encephalitis.

Metukah

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 4:01 am
I'm not saying there are no side effects at all from vaccinations, but, it boggles my mind that those people who know someone was vaccine injured, don't know some'ONE' they know some'EVERYONE'.
How do I not know any stories, yet they know 10 each and not just hearsay, but apparently they know them 'personally'?

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 4:33 am
My baby got ITP following the MMR vaccine at one year old.
in the hospital, they note on his record that they do believe there is a correlation.
B'h it went away and appears not to be chronic - but there is always the fear it will come back.
Anecdotally, I know 2 people whose babies died of SIDS immediately following the DTP vaccine at 3 months old.
Someone else who walks with a cane (guillan barre?) since getting the flu shot. I don't know them well so I don't know all the facts about. Would never give the flu shot myself for many reasons.
I do vaccinate, probably will still do it. But at the same time, I believe modern science and doctors don't know everything.

amother
  Scarlet

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 5:18 am
Metukah wrote:
I'm not saying there are no side effects at all from vaccinations, but, it boggles my mind that those people who know someone was vaccine injured, don't know some'ONE' they know some'EVERYONE'.
How do I not know any stories, yet they know 10 each and not just hearsay, but apparently they know them 'personally'?

I know 2 people. Where did I say I know 10? Most people don't say they know 10 people personally. They know 1 or 2 personally that something happened to but from speaking to people about it they heard more.

happyone

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:07 am
not one poster with a supposed knowledge of vaccine injury is posting with a screen name. makes me wonder...

yc

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:09 am
I'm amother burlywood - happy now?

amother
  Denim  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:57 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
There's a thread here with almost every single imamother ganging up on the woman who went off BC bec. pregnancy can trigger her PPD. If someone is prone to depression or any other mental illness you try to set up your life in a way which doesn't trigger the negative reaction.
It would be wholly irresponsible for anyone has the possibility of having an issue triggered by vaccines, take vaccines.
If it comes out another time, when it was unpreventable, it comes out. Why bring it upon yourself? Do everything in your power to ensure that it will never be triggered.

Kids are kids. You're not going to be able to keep your kid safe from every stress to their system. And if they get the full disease, that will definitely stress their system enough that they'll get both the vpd and whatever was hidden in their system AT THE SAME TIME, which I would guess is harder to cure.

amother
Yellow  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:10 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
im so sorry you went through that. I do want to say that that is pure manipulation and a clear vaccine injury. If there were an epilepsy disorder if would have been there and noticeable before.

Except my daughter had her first seizure the day after her one year appointment. Subsequently diagnosed with epilepsy.

You would think it was from the shots, except she was sick and didn't get them. If she had, everyone (possibly including myself) would be screaming vaccine injury.

It was pure coincidence. She already had epilepsy, just hadn't had a seizure yet.

(Anon, because lots of people irl know this story).

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:22 am
A relative with 2 autistic children told me just last night that her one yr old, whom she wasn't quick to vaccinate cause of fear of autism, got the measles. After 3 weeks of on and off fever, pnumonia, and now trouble breathing, she told me: tell everyone to vaccinate their kids!!

amother
  Seagreen  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:31 am
My neighbor lost a healthy, beautiful child from one minute to next from the flu. ( the disease not the shot)

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:39 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I am really curious - not bashing at all! How do they know the 7 month old baby died from the shot?

I have a child with epilepsy. His first seizure was the day he got a bunch of shots when he was 7 weeks old. I am told that he had epilepsy and the stress on his body from the shots caused his first seizure, which makes sense to me. Why should I say that the shots caused his epilepsy?

The whooping cough vaccine is known to cause epilepsy. Not sure about the others.

amother
  Seagreen

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:54 am
I saw my neighbors infant coughing & struggling to breathe with the whooping cough disease. It was not fun.

My cancer patient contracted the flu last year when flu was rampant. He was not on any chemo treatments at the time. He was in remission then. He was so sick from the flu. Couldn't move. We were on the way to a Shabbos simcha, but he wouldn't move off the couch. He tested positive for flu over two weeks even with tamiflu.

Well this year even he was recovering again from a bout of cancer, he was given the flu shot & bh had no side effects & bh did not contract flu.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:21 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
The whooping cough vaccine is known to cause epilepsy. Not sure about the others.

DTaP is not associated with seizure risk.

https://www.jwatch.org/pa20100.....zures

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:24 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
YEP! introduce foods a few days a part in case of allergy and wait until 6 month... but vaccines? Shoot them with a couple at once at 2 months old and no chance of allergy or bad reaction.

Wake up! People should not need to be subjected to this. It infuriates me. It should be a choice, an an informed one! Lets let our immune systems do their jobs.

You're not supposed to give children food until 6 months old because of their digestive systems not allergies. I also do not introduce foods one at a time because we dont have a history of allergies.

amother
  Chartreuse  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:35 am
genius wrote:
Wrote this in an essay a while ago. Thought it'll come in handy in this thread:)

This autism thing is as absurd as saying that vaccines make you have a big nose or high hairline. Autism is a gene, for heaven's sake. The reason ppl believe this theory so readily is because the ages happen to coincide. Autism "comes out" at two years of age, same time as doctors recommend vaccines. It's the equivalent of saying that seventh grade causes acne. The catch? They happen at the same time. And who are the people who come up with these studies? One of whom said that her kids who had antibiotics at birth have terrible teeth. Seriously? No bad teeth in the genes I assume. Antibiotics are the sole cause. The other claimed that her children who took shots were by the doc with infections more often than not. Well, my son took shots and didn't need antibiotics until way past his first birthday (besides for the antibiotics he got at birth before the shots. Now we're waiting to see his teeth. Not that he stands much of a chance. My husband and I have terrible teeth.) Theory debunked.
Disclaimer: I don't believe in blindly doing what you're told. I believe in education. I believe in saying a tefilla before your child is vaccinated that Hashem should save him from all harm (which can happen. Just not as often as anti vax claim it does and not as rarely as pro vax do.) I just find this anti vaccine missionary attitude irksome. If you feel that doing what is needed to keep society safe goes against your core beliefs, do whatever you want. The least you can do to help is shut up.

Thats not how studies work .. you cant disprove a study based on your personal experience.

blessedjmom

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:39 am
My friend lost her baby to sids after her 6 mnth vaccines. She doesnt vaccinate any more.

Coincendetal- maybe. But if you were the mom, ch"v! , what would you think...

amother
  Chartreuse  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:42 am
happyone wrote:
not one poster with a supposed knowledge of vaccine injury is posting with a screen name. makes me wonder...

you kno what makes me wonder more?
All those people who make this comment!

you are clearly looking to stalk these people who are in a vulnerable state for even mentioning anything against what you want to hear. You want to find out 'who are these people'. Rude, huh?
Why would someone who is non vaxxer want to expose themselves? So that you can be satisfied that you know who they are?

Why dont you ask me that in the infertility forum or any other? Why is it more ok over there? Its all private info.

amother
  Black  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:43 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Yes, my father a”h. He contracted Guillain Barre after getting the flu shot. It is a known side effect of both the flu and the flu shot (rare). He was completely paralyzed as a result, but Tammiflu helped to treat the paralysis. Sadly, he had the chronic form of GB. Most people recover fully with the help of Tammiflu but with the chronic form, it never fully goes away. He suffered terribly for 10 years with the condition and complications that resulted from it until he passed away several years ago.

I still vaccinate all my kids with the required vaccines but opt out of the flu shot.

Good for you that you have the choice to opt out of the flu shot. Some people see adverse reaction from one of the mandated vaccines and their only option until now (in NY) was to opt out of all via a RE. Now that's gone too. Sad

amother
  Chartreuse  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:44 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Except my daughter had her first seizure the day after her one year appointment. Subsequently diagnosed with epilepsy.

You would think it was from the shots, except she was sick and didn't get them. If she had, everyone (possibly including myself) would be screaming vaccine injury.

It was pure coincidence. She already had epilepsy, just hadn't had a seizure yet.

(Anon, because lots of people irl know this story).

thats different. This person said it happened after shots.

Did your daughter have shots any time around her first episode? Its hard to know when it happens a while after, but a day after in a little baby is very different.

Sorry you are going through this.
Page 4 of 24   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 22  23  24  Next Recent Topics