Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Shattered Glass serial in Mishpacha
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 16  17  18  Next

PinkFridge  

Post Sun, Feb 28 2010, 9:09 am
I don't get Mishpacha regularly but thanks to this thread I had a handle on the story line ;-) so I LOVED the spoof. Everyone in my family did. (DD in early 20s was almost in tears at the top of the last column about the din Torah.)

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Feb 28 2010, 1:11 pm
I didnt read the spoof

momofmultiples

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 12:45 am
The spoof was simply fantastic as betzalel meets avi sternheim and congratulates him on the wachtel case - it was refreshing to read about the sternheims again almost like I was eavesdropping and then I believe avi mentions that he has a chavrusa who is brunner a therapist that has horror stories about his clients (who happens to be betzalel's therapist).

I was heaving with laughter as I read this spoof - it was fantastic!!

sarahd  

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 7:27 am
I guess I was the only one who thought the spoof was pretty lame. IMO, when someone tries to parody themselves it doesn't usually turn out very funny.

realeez  

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 8:08 am
sarahd wrote:
I guess I was the only one who thought the spoof was pretty lame. IMO, when someone tries to parody themselves it doesn't usually turn out very funny.

I think that's why the one of Dov Haller's was really good - since someone Tzipporah Lavon did it - she's really great and has done others in the past.

pgk  

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 12:30 pm
Am I the only one who doesn't find humor articles to be all that funny? I feel like they just try too hard.

PinkFridge  

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 1:39 pm
pgk wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't find humor articles to be all that funny? I feel like they just try too hard.

By humor articles do you mean spoofs? Because if not, what do you find funny?

chaylizi  

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 1:43 pm
I'm still missing the last 2 episodes. Anyone want to enlighten me?

lili

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 2:59 pm
I was actually quite annoyed this week that all the serials in the mishpacha were 'purimdik'
I wait all week to read it Wink

geemum

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 3:08 pm
lili wrote:
I was actually quite annoyed this week that all the serials in the mishpacha were 'purimdik'
I wait all week to read it Wink

me too Sad

thankfully Yair Weinstock's story was "normal"

pgk

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 3:21 pm
I'm referring to articles like (no offense to these specific writers) Seriously Speaking, spoofs, etc. I find the humor in everyday things and real life experiences, not in forced humor.

realeez  

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 7:13 pm
chaylizi wrote:
I'm still missing the last 2 episodes. Anyone want to enlighten me?

I'm assuming you mean the 2 weeks before the Purim shtick one.

#1 Huvi has a chat with her mother who assumes that of course she went to visit her MIL and is the best DIL. Huvi feels guilty that she didn't go and quickly takes the bag of cookies that Betzalel had wanted to take to the hospital for Greta out of the garbage to take with. She tossed them since she was mad. On the way to the hospital, she gets a phone call from her MIL to come ASAP.

I posted the next week earlier in this thread. I will "bump" it down for you.

realeez  

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 7:13 pm
realeez wrote:
She visited her in the hospital and the MIL was trying to get her to say what Betzalel's real problem is and then ends off how she knows that B is really very sick.

This is week #2

chaylizi  

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 7:44 pm
Thanks. The Mishpacha did not make it here before shabbos 2 weeks ago & last week I ran out of time. I bought this week's thinking I could catch up. I forgot about the purim spoof tradition.

sarahd  

Post Tue, Mar 02 2010, 4:07 pm
realeez wrote:
sarahd wrote:

I think that's why the one of Dov Haller's was really good - since someone Tzipporah Lavon did it - she's really great and has done others in the past.

I think she did the one two years ago (parodying the story about Goldie whose husband turned chassidish.) Now that one was really good. I was almost up to the end when I realized it was a spoof.

fmt4  

Post Tue, Mar 02 2010, 4:31 pm
I thought the spoof was realllyyy cute. She did such a good job of making fun of herself. I think it's great when the authors of these very self-serious (is that a word?) serials lighten up a bit. I actually found it to be much funnier than the Dov Haller's story parody. That was kind of lame.
And btw pgk I agree with you about most of the frum humor writing. I don't find Seriously Speaking funny at all. However, there is a writer for Hamodia, I think his name is Mordechai Shmutter (?) who is sometimes really funny. Did anyone read his Purim articles in Hamodia magazine? Very cute.

Mama Bear  

Post Wed, Mar 03 2010, 10:44 am
Martin Bodek's Dead Seagate Scrolls was the best purim article, hands down!

downsyndrome  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 10:12 am
I could have written past week's installment in one sentence! Please grow up, Riva Pomerantz!

rb

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 10:37 am
Yeah, it was really bad. It sounds like she is stalling... not knowing where to go with the story.

soulful music

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 11:24 am
downsyndrome wrote:
I could have written past week's installment in one sentence! Please grow up, Riva Pomerantz!

ITA
Page 10 of 18   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 16  17  18  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room