Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Can someone please explain laser my daughter wants full body
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 10:59 pm
My daughters been doing laser for bikini and underarm for months. Now she wants to do full body before she gets married. I think it’s crazy.
Anyone can weigh in on laser and , if it’s not done for more than 2 or 3 sessions will it be a waste? Like if it’s not kept up does it go back to growing regular . Is it even safe to do

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 11:18 pm
It's very common for kallah's to do full body. But she needs to keep it up, & complete the recommended amount of sessions. Otherwise it's a waste of money.

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:20 am
What do you mean by full body?

Is she removing all hair from her body except her head and eyebrows?

(Why would anybody do this?)

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:23 am
If she wants , smartest thing. I did it after being married and feeling so grossed out by all my body hair after 15 years. I live that it’s done

It’s not cheap but really lasts with a bit of maintenance

If you can afford it and your daughter wants it then why not?

sequoia

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:24 am
DrMom wrote:
What do you mean by full body?

Is she removing all hair from her body except her head and eyebrows?

(Why would anybody do this?)

They’re marrying a pedophile?

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:25 am
if she's already doing bikini and underarm, the rest of body would be hands/arms and feet/legs.
It's definately not crazy to do, especially if you have dark hair, so long as you finish. I think standard is 10 sessions? I think it depends on the person.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 1:27 am
I did it but I went in with proper expectations so I wasn't disappointed. I knew to expect a drastic improvement but that it wouldn't be 100 percent forever and that any hormonal changes could change things. So I haven't lasered in around 10 years but I do need to shave periodically (less than once a month). Right now I haven't shaved in 2-3 months, and one underarm has like two wisps and the other has many more wisps. They're spaced out apart and thin. My lower legs have very few hairs but if I were actually going out and they'd be exposed, I'd probably shave just to make sure. The biggest immediate difference for me was that I used to have visible hair roots on my legs, nearly all the time, unless I waxed, which meant growing out my hair. From early on in lasering, the stubbley look disappeared.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 3:17 am
Thank you for all your responses. It sounds to me that full body is also back and stomach and butt full arms and full legs and bikini…. So if she were to get pregnant and stop the laser for a year and had only did 2-3 sessions, it would be a complete waste, or would the hair be less because she did two sessions

ray family

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 3:31 am
Personally, these teen girls doing a Brazilian laser is much worse than doing their legs.
Legs are normal. Maybe hands if she’s really dark and hairy. But Brazilian? Uch

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 6:39 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for all your responses. It sounds to me that full body is also back and stomach and butt full arms and full legs and bikini…. So if she were to get pregnant and stop the laser for a year and had only did 2-3 sessions, it would be a complete waste, or would the hair be less because she did two sessions

Do ppl have hair on stomach and back? I literally have none. Does she have very dark hair? I would never touch my arm hair or upper legs.

salt

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 6:56 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:
Do ppl have hair on stomach and back? I literally have none. Does she have very dark hair? I would never touch my arm hair or upper legs.

Me personally - no visible hair on back.
But on stomach below belly button yes. And upper legs and lower arms yes.
I once did laser on full legs.
I wax my lower arms myself during the summer (much less during the winter).
I do my lower stomach every now and then with wax strips too - quite painful though.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 6:59 am
As someone who hates body hair? I get it. If I could afford it I would. And to be honest, my husband would love it. And for the record, historically women shaved their hair down there. It's discussed in the gemara. Legs and arms I don't know about but for darker haired women it totally makes sense. My sister has Persian friends who did it before getting married, the full laser. Having no hair doesn't make you look like a child. The body parts are still there. Just smooth everywhere.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 7:00 am
amother OP wrote:

You said she's already been doing it for months. How often is she going in? I can't imagine it would be a total waste, she just won't necessarily be done.
Does she already have a guy and a wedding date?

Ooc, are you involved/paying for this, or is this something she's doing on her own without even consulting you? Meaning, does it matter what you or any of us think?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:58 am
I paid for months for underarm and bikini…. But now yes she’s getting married and wants to do full body. I just want to know it’s not a waste of money if the other parts are done twice and not done again for a while

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:17 am
I don't think it's a waste of money. If you do a few sessions and then stop for a year and a half, you aren't starting again from scratch.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:37 am
I did two sessions of full legs (I died in there, from the pain, even with numbing cream) and I never did another leg session. it's like I never did anything. all the hair is there.
everyone is different. no one can say what your daughter's results will be.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:55 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:

Thank hashem for this. I have dark hair everywhere imaginable. It's a very big struggle.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:55 am
amother Winterberry wrote:
I don't think it's a waste of money. If you do a few sessions and then stop for a year and a half, you aren't starting again from scratch.

If you only do 2-3 sessions, you'd need to start again from scratch. The hair comes back like it was before.

amother
Lotus

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 10:42 am
Why not arm hair?

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 10:55 am
I worked in a laser place. Whenever someone gets pregnant we ask them to discus with their doctor to get permission to do laser.

IMO, laser is completely safe during pregnancy. The laser only goes a tiny amount into the skin. I can see her not being comfortable doing her bikini during pregnancy, but there is absolutely no reason to stop laser elsewhere on the body. Interestingly enough the more high risk doctors have told their patients that’s it’s ok to do laser anywhere during pregnancy. My OB didn’t seem to know anything about it and asked if it’s necessary to do now. Basically if they don’t now much about it it’s easy to say to not do it. But I would be shocked to hear someone who actually knows about it say not to do it during pregnancy.

Do keep in mind that hormone levels do change during pregnancy. That affects each person differently. Some ppl find themselves less hairy, and some more hairy. It’s possible she would need a few more sessions. Doing 3-4 sessions and then stopping is a huge waste of money. If she’s gonna stop, then don’t start.

It is very common for ppl do to full body laser. It’s not as common for woman to have hair on their stomach, back and breast. (Woman with PCOS do tend to have a lot of hair there). If she does have hair there I can understand her being embarrassed by that and would def recommend doing laser there.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics