Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
S/O what do you think of seminary acceptances like Match

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 3:10 pm
program for residents?

ima22

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 3:27 pm
Halevai

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 3:49 pm
Have you read give or take?
That’s basically the idea there

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 3:50 pm
#1 the match program sucks.
Like really really sucks.
It's horrible, and the fact that adults don't have the option to choose where they want to go and it affects their while life for years to come is insane.

#2 it wouldn't work because the seminaries are too haughty, and there is no one overseeing them and they cant even keep to the rules they already have...
I's not like with the match where the AAMC is on top of all the programs, and if you try to go around the rules, it's a match violation and there are consequences (and there are always programs who do it anyways...)

amother
Sand

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 3:54 pm
Can someone translate this to plain English? What is this?

amother
Chambray

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 3:56 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
It's horrible, and the fact that adults don't have the option to choose where they want to go and it affects their while life for years to come is insane.

#2 it wouldn't work because the seminaries are too haughty, and there is no one overseeing them and they cant even keep to the rules they already have...
I's not like with the match where the AAMC is on top of all the programs, and if you try to go around the rules, it's a match violation and there are consequences (and there are always programs who do it anyways...)

Why does the match program suck? It’s the same like any other college acceptance program, you just need to make the decision before you rank them instead of after you’re accepted/rejected.

amother
Chambray

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 4:14 pm
amother Sand wrote:
Can someone translate this to plain English? What is this?

https://www.nrmp.org/intro-to-the-match/

It’s a system that matches medical residents to residency programs. It’s a complicated system where the residents rank the programs and the programs rank the candidates and everyone gets accepted to just one place.

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 12:13 am
amother Pearl wrote:

Match program means you apply only where you want and to however many places you choose. After you rank your own choices based on your choice. After that, the residency programs choose and rank their own applicants so that each applicant will hopefully get into one place. That place is one of their choices. This way you don’t have one applicant getting 3 spots and others getting none or waitlisted like in the seminary system.

My husband did one application to one place which can be risky but BH he got in! This was in 2005 but I still remember Match Day too well!

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 12:23 am
amother Chambray wrote:
https://www.nrmp.org/intro-to-the-match/

It’s a system that matches medical residents to residency programs. It’s a complicated system where the residents rank the programs and the programs rank the candidates and everyone gets accepted to just one place.

Hopefully…. Or no place

amother
Burntblack

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:11 am
It sounds like a great idea!

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:37 am
There is also phase II match for the unmatched ones from phase I, and there are always good programs and good candidates available, making it somewhat less stressful.
Should work similarly for seminary.
It wouldn’t happen bc seminary is a money making business unwilling to give up control or exclusivity that feeds the system.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info