Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Hadras Seminary

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:51 pm
Any information on Hadras Seminary in Lakewood?

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:54 pm
I think it’s a brand new place that’s in middle of launching because of how many girls are looking to stay in America.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 13 2024, 10:25 pm
OP here:

So after lots of research we are sending DD to Hadras. It’s a brand new Lakewood seminary beginning this coming year. Rebbetzin Reena Marton is Menaheles Chinuchis. They have around 50 enrolled for next year, seems to be a really nice group of girls. We live in Lakewood but there is a dorm for girls from OOT. They’re offering a full BA in just one year of seminary through TTI which I thought was amazing but maybe that’s standard- she’s our oldest.

Anybody else sending here?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sat, Apr 13 2024, 10:26 pm
Is that Mrs. Marton from Jackson, whose husband is a rov?

Just looked it up. It is!
I met her. She's very nice!

Impressive to finish a degree in one year!!!! How will they do that?

amother
Bergamot

Post Sat, Apr 13 2024, 11:06 pm
Is her maiden name Feldman from Baltimore? If so she's an absolute sweety!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 12:25 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
Is that Mrs. Marton from Jackson, whose husband is a rov?

Just looked it up. It is!
I met her. She's very nice!

Impressive to finish a degree in one year!!!! How will they do that?

It’s a program through TTI, new for this year.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 12:25 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
Is her maiden name Feldman from Baltimore? If so she's an absolute sweety!

Yes, that’s her. She is!

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 12:27 pm
Well I thought since it’s new we’d be able to get DD in no problem since she’s a great girl from a nice school. Clearly I was wrong- looks like yet another Lakewood school that’s hard to get into.

Is there a seminary in Lakewood that would be easy to get in? Anybody know anything about the other new seminary, Kerem? We woke up late in the game on applying since we weren’t sure which direction we wanted to go and it looks like pretty much everyone is full now. We’re aware of Wings but DD really wants a full day. We would (reluctantly) consider sending elsewhere in the NY/NJ region if needed.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 12:29 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:
Well I thought since it’s new we’d be able to get DD in no problem since she’s a great girl from a nice school. Clearly I was wrong- looks like yet another Lakewood school that’s hard to get into.

Is there a seminary in Lakewood that would be easy to get in? Anybody know anything about the other new seminary, Kerem? We woke up late in the game on applying since we weren’t sure which direction we wanted to go and it looks like pretty much everyone is full now. We’re aware of Wings but DD really wants a full day. We would (reluctantly) consider sending elsewhere in the NY/NJ region if needed.

Yes, Tiferes Sara/ WINGS

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 12:40 pm
amother Green wrote:
Yes, Tiferes Sara/ WINGS

Yes I know about Wings but DD really wants full day. Also we heard the crowd there is a bit less yeshivish. We don’t need very yeshivish but I am a little worried about influence, our family is typical mainstream Lakewood style.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 12:54 pm
My daughter's going to Kerem.

It's a very yeshivish place.
You can see if they have room to apply, but I'm doubtful.
Because I am under the impression that they filled up in Feb/March.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 1:18 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:

Would Lakewood Seminary (Mrs.Yanovsky) work? I think it's more Yeshivish than Tiferes Sara/WINGS

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 1:32 pm
amother Green wrote:
Would Lakewood Seminary (Mrs.Yanovksy) work? I think it's more Yeshivish than Tiferes Sara/WINGS

Aren’t they also half day? Are they easier to get into?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info