Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
What out of town yeshivish do after seminary for schooling?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 5:14 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
WITS has a computer science program. Great people, great school.

How is it socially in Baltimore also Is it disconnected from the main frum yeshivish areas like Lakewood and new York or the girl travel there often.

nicole81

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 12:27 am
amother OP wrote:
Is the computer science at Touro Manhattan is better than Touro Flatbush?

No idea but from what I've heard the crowds are totally different.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 12:34 am
nicole81 wrote:
No idea but from what I've heard the crowds are totally different.

Can you please describe how are they different

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 12:02 pm
Are there a lot of out of town girls in Touro Flatbush and do they board or live in apartments?

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 1:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
How is it socially in Baltimore also Is it disconnected from the main frum yeshivish areas like Lakewood and new York or the girl travel there often.

It's not NY or NJ... you're talking a 3 hr + trip each way. Girls travel for dating or simchos but it's not like people are hopping off to Brooklyn or Lakewood - they're in school and Maalot/WITS keeps the girls really busy. It's a serious program. Some girls have small part time jobs while they're there but for the most part, you're in class and doing work. But there's plenty of social life in the school and in the community in general if you want to be a part of things.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 2:38 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
It's not NY or NJ... you're talking a 3 hr + trip each way. Girls travel for dating or simchos but it's not like people are hopping off to Brooklyn or Lakewood - they're in school and Maalot/WITS keeps the girls really busy. It's a serious program. Some girls have small part time jobs while they're there but for the most part, you're in class and doing work. But there's plenty of social life in the school and in the community in general if you want to be a part of things.

How is it with shiduchim and how out of town girls feel there if they don’t have family in Baltimore?

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 7:16 pm
Can't really answer to that... I didn't want to start dating until I finished my BA and waited until the summer when I went home to start. But I think every girl is different - I definitely had friends who went out from their boarding families!
Not having family there was not an issue for me - I had a few friends there from camp/seminary - and made new friends in WITS. There are also plenty of shadchanim there.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:13 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
Can't really answer to that... I didn't want to start dating until I finished my BA and waited until the summer when I went home to start. But I think every girl is different - I definitely had friends who went out from their boarding families!
Not having family there was not an issue for me - I had a few friends there from camp/seminary - and made new friends in WITS. There are also plenty of shadchanim there.

Thank you! why did you choose WITS and are you happy you did? Did you live with friends in an apartment or boarded (alone or with a friend). Did you have places to go for Shabbos and did you learn computer science and is it a good degree for a job?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info