Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Am I alone?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 11:03 pm
My boy/girl twins don’t get along for several reasons which really don’t matter for the sake of this conversation. But it really bothers me when I’m having conversations with people who both do and don’t have multiples because I feel like I’m alone and my kids are supposed to get along and they don’t. Like I’m a bad mother and I did something wrong. Am I alone? Please tell me I’m not the only one. I’m so sad, I tried everything. I’m hoping it’s just adolescence. But TBH it’s been going on for a few years already, even before they hit their teen years.

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 12:23 am
Don't all kids fight?
I've seen some very wild ones turn out to be wonderful adults

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 12:28 am
My girl/girl twins have to sleep in separate rooms. Does that make you feel better?

teachkids

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 3:19 am
More than once I’ve had twins in my class who fought like cats and dogs

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 4:05 am
There were 2 backyard day camps near my house.
They were next door to each other.
Every morning a father dropped off his 4 year old twins.
One twin went to one backyard and the other twin went to the camp in the other backyard.
If the 2 boys saw each other during the day they would start shouting bad names to each other. (You’re such a stinky face…. You go to a stupid camp… stupid head…) often they would run close to each other and start beating each other up while shouting and name calling.
It seems that not all twins share that story book closeness. I would assume it’s more common to be less attuned to each other when it’s opposite genders. I can understand why it bothers you though but you should know there is nothing wrong with your kids.
I’m not a twin but I hardly ever speak to my siblings. I admit that it’s sad but every family situation is different. Family dynamics differ from home to home.

shaqued_almond

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 4:09 am
I'm not a twin but I have siblings close in age. When we were younger we'd fight like cats and dogs but in our teens we became good friends. My mom thinks we were always fighting because we're similar and like the same things. Your kids have a connection to each other
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more