Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Feeling alone on pesach

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 5:50 pm
I feel so sad and alone this Pesach. Almost everyone in our community goes away or has family they are close to to spend with. We are both BTs and don’t have our family. I’m doing what I can do be positive and make it fun for the kids but inside I’m so sad and lonely feeling. So many meals and long days of having very little socializing and what to do. If you have BT friends or friends not close with family, and you are able to, please consider inviting them for a meal even if you are with your whole extended family. I’m feeling so sad.

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 6:49 pm
((hugs!!)) Such an important message. Not everyone has family to host them. BH in my community most people are home, but regardless I like to spend my yom tov afternoons with a good novels. Hope you can find someone to hang out with, maybe buy new games to play with kids,. hopefully weather will be nice for walks...

mommee

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 6:56 pm
If you’re in Flatbush, I’d be so happy to have you for a meal! Are you?

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 7:01 pm
You are not alone. Here in Israel it's so common. We and many others who make Aliyah don't have family (bh now we have family here) but we are are home for All the meals.

I always think about: when I was a girl we had a neighbor who didn't have family they were always home. They raised a beutilful family, now their married children and grandchildren always come and the once warm but quite home is filled with laughter and joy. Sending you love. May you have a Naches filled and joyous Paseach.

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 7:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
I feel so sad and alone this Pesach. Almost everyone in our community goes away or has family they are close to to spend with. We are both BTs and don’t have our family. I’m doing what I can do be positive and make it fun for the kids but inside I’m so sad and lonely feeling. So many meals and long days of having very little socializing and what to do. If you have BT friends or friends not close with family, and you are able to, please consider inviting them for a meal even if you are with your whole extended family. I’m feeling so sad.

In the same boat. We BH started hosting singles a lot and some not frum relatives who appreciate it and it makes it so much less lonely.

I love being in my own home and feeling like I have it together lol. Kids love cleaning the house and having special family traditions. I used to get bummed and now I pesach is my favorite holiday. It feels like we've made it. That we have a frum home and a frum family and now we can be a home base for our kids and others.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 8:25 pm
amother OP wrote:

Would love to have guests in the Lakewood area!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics