Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
I had enough of Pesach.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 4:58 pm
Its too much for me and I've had it. I tried to make it easier for myself but it's still too much. It's too much cooking, too much family time, too much overtiredness, too much cleaning. I and done. Just done. I want everyone to go back to school tomorrow.
I don't see this as being nice or enjoyable in any which way. It's just a family overtired and irritable kids and parents.

giftedmom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 5:24 pm
Yep. As I said in another thread, this morning I woke up and striked. Refused to cook a single thing or entertain a single thought about food or baths or anything.
We got into the car five hours to the zman with nothing done and drove to a park. Best thing I ever did.
Yeah it was hot and there were mosquitos but there was sun and air and I wasn’t in the kitchen.
I refuse to be a martyr

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 5:27 pm
Me too..was just thinking ive had enough cooking and family time and really want kids back in school again and just regular routine..

up high

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 5:34 pm
Do you just want to vent or want to solutionize, while yom tov IS still here?
Can you ask DH or older girl (neighbor) to watch your kids so you could take a much needed power-nap/rest?
Can you prepare the food for the meal buffet- style? This is what I do. Prepare as much as possible in large plates/bowls before the meal/ hot food during, pit in middle of the table to (serve while you sit) or lwt them serve themselves.
Unpack toys and ket the kids enjoy/look away at mess. While you sit close by relaxing/reading...
Decide! To take it ez, no pressure taken.
If you have guest/older kids/even younger insist on them helping pack off/away after the meals.
Have a relaxing enjoyable rest if yom tov!
(Regarding cooking, I do as much as,possible before yom tov, not to be busy during).
Regarding kids irretability, think, its almost over, theyre almost goung back. Not everyone is blessed to have kids around. Focus on the nachas and quality time.

up high

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 6:36 pm
Bumping it up, if anyone wants ideas.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 7:30 pm
Thank you for the replies. I just need encouragement to survive 2 more days. After that, I'm taking a break. I'm not sure yet what that will look like, but it will be a break for sure. I can't keep doing this cooking serving clearing cleaning cycle forever with kids underfoot and complaining and fighting non-stop.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 8:07 am
amother OP wrote:
Its too much for me and I've had it. I tried to make it easier for myself but it's still too much. It's too much cooking, too much family time, too much overtiredness, too much cleaning. I and done. Just done. I want everyone to go back to school tomorrow.
I don't see this as being nice or enjoyable in any which way. It's just a family overtired and irritable kids and parents.

Agree with every word. Sending you a genuine hug. Hang in there Hug

Elfrida

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 10:50 am
The good news is that by the time you read this, Pesach will be over!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 1:27 pm
Elfrida wrote:
The good news is that by the time you read this, Pesach will be over!

It's over once the kitchen has been reverted back to normal (Sorry to be such a Debbie Dowdy but the turning back is such a pain in the neck)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics