Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Tell me I’m not alone
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 12:46 am
That I’m only turning my kitchen over tomorrow and hopes to make even a few desserts before Monday.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:03 am
Seems like I am 😭

mommygirlx2

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:07 am
You’re not.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:09 am
Im turning over tomorrow/ Tom night but our dessert is fresh fruit

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:13 am
We turned over last night after shabbat.
Going shopping today. And not making too much.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:17 am
amother OP wrote:
Seems like I am 😭

Me too. Turning over Sunday after lunch so everyone eats well. I chose peace over desserts though. Our goal is a happy home and wel fed family so that they keep loving paseach.

I refuse to sacrifice my marriage or family over stuff or strees. We eat elaborate meals before Paseach until the Sunday noon. Monday will be Paseach food. Fish, potatoes and cooked vegetables while everything else is cooking A happy mother is the best "dessert" I can offer my family. A peaceful home is something that can't be bought for any money in the world. Stay happy go to the seder like real Royalty not like a slave (or angry at your DH).

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:26 am
We just finished turning our kitchen over tonight and plan to start cooking tomorrow, but we're not going to be home for the first days. Tomorrow we plan on making some soups to freeze for the last days and we're doing some cooking for our hosts for the first days. If we were going to be home all of Pesach we probably would have turned over last Wednesday or Thursday to give us plenty of time to prepare for the first days.

If you are quick in the kitchen or have help then there's no reason why you can't do it all in time. You have to know your own capabilities and limitations when you plan these things.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:43 am
We turned over on Thursday night. On Friday, I cooked for Shabbos. Tonight, I cleaned up from Shabbos. So I'll be starting to cook for yt tomorrow.

nicole81

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:47 am
I'm cleaning tonight will hopefully have half my kitchen cleaned and covered before I go to bed. It's 1:45am. We'll see about tomorrow. My sink isn't kasherable and it's way oversized so I have to make a whole mess out of corrugated cardboard, layers of contact paper, waterproof tape, etc. it takes forever. I'm running very last minute.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 2:05 am
amother DarkViolet wrote:
Me too. Turning over Sunday after lunch so everyone eats well. I chose peace over desserts though. Our goal is a happy home and wel fed family so that they keep loving paseach.

I refuse to sacrifice my marriage or family over stuff or strees. We eat elaborate meals before Paseach until the Sunday noon. Monday will be Paseach food. Fish, potatoes and cooked vegetables while everything else is cooking A happy mother is the best "dessert" I can offer my family. A peaceful home is something that can't be bought for any money in the world. Stay happy go to the seder like real Royalty not like a slave (or angry at your DH).

I needed to read this. I am going to save it to re read a few times. I love making desserts, but….

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 2:20 am
Umm..no. we are still cleaning..and yes... my house is TURNED OVER for all those people that ask! But seriously I will turn over on Sunday night after I kasher! And we will have plenty of fresh fruit for dessert!

cbsp

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 2:30 am
Not turned over yet and don't have a single room fully pesachdik. You are not alone!

(we do have our priorities straight, though. DH just put up a pesachdik cold brew in our laundry room LOL )

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 2:55 am
We aren't even close.
Sheva Brachos for my daughter ended 10 days ago
I actually don't know how we are going to get this done

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 3:08 am
Wow, you are all amazing! I turned over Monday but I haven’t cooked anything yet. It takes me that long just to get organized. I think I’m actually fine. Desserts are not even making. My life has been really crazy and I had help on Monday to do it, so that’s why I did it so early. Hoping to start today.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 3:48 am
nicole81 wrote:
I'm cleaning tonight will hopefully have half my kitchen cleaned and covered before I go to bed. It's 1:45am. We'll see about tomorrow. My sink isn't kasherable and it's way oversized so I have to make a whole mess out of corrugated cardboard, layers of contact paper, waterproof tape, etc. it takes forever. I'm running very last minute.

Why don't you just use inserts? We use all year round in both sinks for hygiene. I still kosher the sink just in case but essentially it can be considered treif and if anything drops in it needs kashering. Like people (in the old days!!!) with just one sink.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 3:51 am
I had a few days off work so happy to be turning over today (cleaned and kashered erev shabbos/motzei) and will cook this evening after bedikat/tomorrow.

Bh it is so relaxing for me. Usually I turn over after work the evening before bedikat which we have to do late and then cook all night. I have a whole extra 1.5 days.
Always keep everything simple, we don't do fancy on Pesach anyway

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 7:16 am
amother DarkViolet wrote:

Really admire this. What are you serving for lunch today?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 10:21 am
amother Ivory wrote:
Really admire this. What are you serving for lunch today?

I put my chulent up from Shabbos in hopes they’ll eat it happily. Still cleaning over here. I hope I finish by 1

nicole81

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 10:59 am
amother Tuberose wrote:
Why don't you just use inserts? We use all year round in both sinks for hygiene. I still kosher the sink just in case but essentially it can be considered treif and if anything drops in it needs kashering. Like people (in the old days!!!) with just one sink.

Inserts don't work with my size sink.

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 12:52 pm
Turned over last week because we mostly eat gluten free anyway and it’s easier to eat pesschdik for an extra week than to deal with the stress of last minute. I think it really depends on your personality. It’s much easier for me to know that we don’t need to scramble.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics