Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
What can I make in advance?
Previous  1  2

drumjj

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 4:35 am
I think I found the recipe on here a while ago. I have no idea where it is now I write them down and throw them away or lose the papers that I write them on. sorry

drumjj

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 4:36 am
oh and by the way watch the sweet pototoes in tesco a lot of them are from israel

bubs

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 5:03 am
I make soups and freeze them in portions. They are really great expecially the mushroom barley soup and squash soup types. Also, I freeze the roasts sliced. Undercook a little and reheat in oven. Most roasts are great especially the ones with a sauce. Enjoy.

R.

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 8:11 am
I make two extremely large pots of chicken soup, divide them into ZIPLOCK BAGS and freeze. this saves tons of peeling and cooking erev yom tov. I also bake a lot of challah inadvance. You can also make ice cream:
1 pound fresh strawberries
2 egg whites
3/4 c sugar

put into the mixer (not blender) start on low so the strawberries get mushed and broken and then put on highest for 10 minutes. will fluff up. serve witha slice of cake because it is very airy and light.

This of course can should be frozen in advance.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 8:14 am
pinktichel wrote:
ShakleeMom wrote:
I freeze almost all knish things raw and bake erev yom tov, great taste that way .

Cookie, when I froze my pineapple kugel (not in pastry shell) and it was horrific. It was spongy and watery. I was so embarrassed .

Did you reheat it in the oven, or thaw it out and then warm it on a blech? Most things that are frozen need to be reheated in the oven.

pinktichel

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 4:23 pm
drumjj wrote:
oh and by the way watch the sweet pototoes in tesco a lot of them are from israel

and asda too!! Twisted Evil

pinktichel

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 4:25 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
pinktichel wrote:
ShakleeMom wrote:
I freeze almost all knish things raw and bake erev yom tov, great taste that way .

Cookie, when I froze my pineapple kugel (not in pastry shell) and it was horrific. It was spongy and watery. I was so embarrassed .

Did you reheat it in the oven, or thaw it out and then warm it on a blech? Most things that are frozen need to be reheated in the oven.

Hmmmm. That could be it. I let it defrost and get to room temperature. I don't like it hot, but I guess I should have reheated it and let it cool before serving. Thanks for the tip! Will try it again and see what happens.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes